Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Welcome Back to ME!





















I miss posting every day, I really do! I just have such a lousy slow computer at home its hard to sit at it when there is gorgeous sunshine outdoors, and at night, too exhausted due to being up at 4 am. every day! ugggh! When will I get a break! But it was a busy weekend. I trapped Pennsylvania Street kitten #3 on Saturday morning. I still need to get the last two. But I will die trying. Those poor babies. I don't think their Mum is around either, so its very important I get these two feral orphans. One has two very infected eyes. I hope you all read the last post done on Friday, and I will give you an update now on Lightning. I rescued Lightning, and he wound up getting adopted lightning fast! There are SO many wonderful animals wandering our streets, please consider adopting an adult rescue! I am going to try to update you on some of the wonderful kitties I've rescued lately. The pics attached are of Lightning. I rescued Lightning just two or three weeks ago from the same spot we are trying to trap the kittens from. Thanks to Another Chance Pet Rescue, who once again took responsibility for him , he has been adopted! Lightning was brought to us with a nasty infected head wound, in rough shape and clearly been out on the streets for a while. We tested him for FeLv and FIV and he initially tested + for feline leukemia. Fortunately the test didn't look quite rite, so he was re tested and thankfully was negative. He has no idea how close he came to having to be euthanized! He was given antibiotics for his infected head/ear wounds, neutered and vaccinated, and sent on his way. Unfortunately we didn't have any room for him, so he had to stay at Petco in a cage for a few days until we found a foster to take him home. She fell madly in love with him instantly, and was even thinking of adopting him. However, she knew he would be easy to place because of his sweet and docile nature, so she posted him on our website and craigslist. Within 20 minutes, we had a perfect application for him. The woman came to meet him that night, less than a week after he was taken off the street, and adopted him. She could see beneath the healing wounds and scabs, at the wonderful and loving boy he was. Now he has his forever home. Who would have thought!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment