Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday - Whadda Day...

I first started to post today around 9:30 am. Its now 6:30 pm., and here I am. Not a word typed. I've had a CRAZY day off with my niece and her little children running around. Crazy. And now, I can't even remember my morning, besides shopping, cleaning and cooking. But I did get up as usual, at 4:20 am. and fed my indoor babies, and out the door at 5:00 am. to feed my outdoor babies. At my first spot is a kitty I've named Spike. He is a pretty boy, and I've been feeding him since there was a vacant house on this property. He has been through many winters, and never let me get anywhere near him. Today, I can successfully say, I applied a flea treatment to him. He is now trusting me to let me pick him up, not hold, I am too nervous about that, but pick him up a few inches from the ground. I want to rescue him so bad. I just need to get him to really trust me so there is no fight. There are five other kitties there, and they are all friends. Its been very hard on Spike. He is a tough kitty. I have watched him through sickness, he looked like he had a bad upper respiratory infection, but looks better now. Do they get better on their own from that? I keep a close eye on him. Spend a few extra minutes with him in the morning. The rest of my spots, tried again to trap the kittens, this time hiding behind a trash can with the net, but too smart they are. They have bad eye infections. Will keep trying. Same with pregnant Mama on Second Street. She just won't let me get her. I can't put a trap or the other eight or so will go in it. And she won't get near me with the net in hand. What to do. What to do. No news on the dogs that are being abused. I can't do anything without an address to report it. I will continue though to find out. Stay tuned, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment