Monday, July 18, 2011

The Heat is on... again...


We started the year with continuation of the below freezing temperatures, and the cats barely survived. Then we went into extreme heat for the very early spring, along with very wet conditions. We are now in a drought, with temps forcasted in the 90's this week. Thanks to a great friend of mine, I now have an air conditioning unit in my window, as my central air bit the dust last spring. And let me tell you it was a brutal summer last summer. But most of the kitties have survived, with several rescued, and several of those adopted. So all in all its been a good year so far! I am just so grateful I am able to provide water for these cats. I place water bowls all over the area, even in areas where I don't feed! There are cats all over, and when they see me place a bowl down, they run over as soon as I leave and I know they are grateful. The two kittens remain out there, left on their own. I stopped trapping them for now because I need a second person to sneak up on them while I distract them and catch them with the net. I have no one to help me right now. I have been trying to trap past two mornings on Hayward for the very sick fluffy kitty with severe wounds on his eyes. Also the large red there. He has severe wounds on his ears. I also cannot get soon to be mommy cat on Second as she doesn't come too close, and there are too many others I would trap before her. I couldn't be that lucky a second time! So, if any of you are bored some Saturday morning at 5 am., come with me to get the kittens! :) The picture is of Barney and Boris, both my rescues, loving the fresh air on my porch. Boris is suffering from FIV, and kidney failure, but is doing great. I love my grey kitties. I have three! (Smokey not pictured). UPDATE on dog abuse - apparently Animal Control was there Friday. Phew. Thank God. I don't know anymore than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment