Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Teenies Babies!!!
















Meet Teenie's babies!!!!! Are they NOT adorable??? And guess who else had their babies yesterday??? Bethany! She had SEVEN!!! She has one left inside that may not be alive. Will keep you posted after she gets back from the vet. Can you believe it? These kittens would all have been born outside, and most would have not survived. And the ones that did would be multiplying and multiplying and multiplying. I am just so happy I was able to rescue them just days before giving birth. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. And so grateful to Another Chance Pet Rescue for taking them in. And to Heather being the mid-wife, literally, to them all. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! On another note, there are two pregnant cats that I've seen out there now. What to do, what to do, what to do.... I also was not successful in trapping the remaining two kittens. They are stubborn little guys. Actually, I dont' think they know how to walk into the very long Have a Heart trap. I have tried to leave a little trail of dry food, the only food they know how to eat right now, but its not working. They are getting sicker and sicker out there. If anyone has any other suggestions, it would be most appreciative. Please keep in mind I have only an hour in the morning to do all of this. I need help! On a happier note, as I pulled up to my second to last spot, where Red waits for me patiently each morning, I spotted another kitty on the corner before Red's place, jumped out, put a little food and water down, and as I turned around there standing was a boy of about 8 or 9, asking me if I was the mailman. I had on a hospital scrub top, but didn't think I looked like the mailman. Anyways, he said he had something he needed to mail. He turned around, ran back to his house, ran back and asked me if I could mail in his card for a subscription to NintendoPower - a magazine for kids. He mentioned something about living with his grandmother. He really was a sweet little boy, a little slow (minded) from my observation. I told him the mailman would be coming, but he insisted I take it. I really think he thinks I was the mailman. Anyways, thinking about it, I am tempted to order this for the little boy, and send him a note that I sent the card, and that he didn't have to worry about paying for it, that it was my gift, and all I wanted from him was to care for the animals. My heart goes out especially for the children, that live in such poverty. I don't know how he would be able to pay for this magazine subscription ($19.95), but I want to help him. I just wonder if its the right thing sometimes. I suppose its a kind thing to do, maybe not right, because I certainly can't afford it! Right Mom??? :) Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely do it Janine. It's just a dollar a day for less than a month! I'm so proud of you!! You really put yourself out there, sister of mine!!

    ReplyDelete