Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesdays Words of Encouragement

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." I Peter 3:3-4

Thats nice! And so true... I mentioned in my blog yesterday about mentioning human interactions occasionally in this blog. After all, it can't be all doom and gloom with the occasional happy story! Can it? No, thats pretty much the case with me most of the time, but I like to mix it up. Nothing big, but I was going into a store the other day and just as I approached the door, I could see a woman was going to come out, and she was on crutches. So I opened the door for her to let her go without having to struggle any more than necessary. She looked me in the eyes, tucked her crutches under her arms, and proceeded to walk out, and walk right past me, and just kept going. I then said out loud 'you're welcome', to which she again didn't say a word. Now, this woman was a black woman, and the only reason I bring her color up is that there are resentments for some folks against white people, and this could be someone who harbors that. OR, it could be that she was just brought up with no manners. OR, it could be that her struggles were so huge she just couldnt' talk. I would like to think the latter, because I know that we all have our own crosses to bear, but whatever she was going through at that moment, I realize I shouldn't judge people, and I probably shouldn't have said what I did. On that note, I will focus on the kitties. I tried to trap the remaining baby this morning, but no luck. I did exactly what Heather did to get the little one yesterday. I will mention, sadly enough, I wound up bringing the baby to the shelter yesterday on my own. I could not get in touch with the angel that has been doing that for me. It was one of the hardest moments of my life. I wound up sitting there for a good 25 minutes in front of the place waiting for Heather to bring the kitten, and to watch the volunteers bringing out the dogs to walk, knowing they would only be brought back into their cages, it was devastating enough. I cried and cried. It brings me to the point of educating the many ignorant people out there that this is what happens when you don't spay or neuter your pet. We have too many unwanted animals in this world, and they have to suffer for it. Please spay and neuter your pets, and shout the same message to everyone you pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment