Friday, July 22, 2011

Finally Friday...

TGIF. FOR REAL. Its been a long work week. Especially when the temps get to the extremes they have been this past week, who wants to put on a suit and pair of high heels. Yuck. On the weekends, I live in my flip flops and shorts. This morning was not unusual. Although I have mixed up my route because my first spot is back aways from the street, and very dark, so I go to a few others first while the

dawn is breaking and then go and do my 'first' spot, where my sweet little Spike waits for me, along with four or five others. I didn't see the pregnant Mama Girl at Second. I pray for her. I hate myself for not being able to trap her. It means more cats, which is just sickening. The two kittens were waiting for someone to feed them just down the road. They are just tiny babies, and I hate myself for not being able to get them either. I just really blame myself for not being more diligent in trying to get all these animals off the street. There are just so many factors, and I just can't spend my whole 'free' time trying, I have so many other things I need to do on a daily basis. And I am not being selfish, or am I? I really do blame myself for the overpopulation of the cats I feed, but if I had more help, I could have spayed a lot more than I have already. I have rescued so many cats. I have SUCH a hard time returning a cat back to the streets after its been neutered. Which is why I have rescued so many. They all turned out to be great companions to some very special people that took them. We just need more people like them! There are too many out there that are looking for a home. I am having technical difficulties with my camera at the moment, so the two missing doggies, and Spike's picture won't be seen until possibly tomorrow morning, Saturday, so stay tuned! In the meantime, I post pics of my own brood! This picture is of my dear sweet Boris, who I rescued five years ago in zero temps from under a truck behind a restaurant I used to feed at. He is FIV positive and has kidney failure, but is really doing great despite those diseases. I love him to death. I kiss him to death. He is my drooler boy. If you click on the pic you can see it more close up, and he is a beauty!

1 comment:

  1. Bean,,, i hate hearing you say,,, you hate yourself and blame yourself. You do the best you can, and instead of thinking what you don't do,,, please credit yourself what you can do. Think of what you sacrifice to do this and how many kitties have been saved and rescued to a good home, and don't go hungry. You do a great job, and most importantly,,, you do your BEST. ...

    ReplyDelete