Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hotter than Haides



Pics today are of my Toonces and the other of Toonces, Barney and dog Thunder, all doing what they do best. Its going to be a scorcher today here... they are calling for 100 degree temps, with heat index much higher... We Rochesterians aren't used to this, except we are used to extreme humidity, and extreme cold, so really, this is just another pain in our ever changing weather patterns. This morning, I counted... I made close to 15 stops. Now, when I see a cat roaming in the hood at the unGodly hour of
5 am., I know they are most likely thirsty and hungry. So, I hop out quickly, shake my bag, and plop down a dish of water and food off to the side, where no one can mess with it too easily once folks begin to stir out of bed. I must have done that at six locations this morning, on top of my regular stops. At two of my stops, which are the only locations where the homeowner allows me to feed on their property, both men were out this morning saying hello. Wilbert, the Jamaican, who always tries to scare me behind his fence, and I always yell at him to stop scaring me. We have a fun relationship, he is a really cool dude who lives extremely simply, due to being extremely poor. He does own his house, land, and his little truck, but he doesn't have much else. Then there is Paul, who comes out to greet me with "goodmorning young lady". He is very respectful, and can do a mean wax job. He has waxed my car now twice, and both times, its superb. He cleans inside and out. He used to do the police cars when he worked for the city. He has his own formula, which patenting it is his dream. All my other locations are at abandoned houses. But this morning, my two sweethearts, Teddy and Spike. I tell them every morning that I will soon be rescuing them. I just need to get my own stuff under control at home, and save a bit of money, as they will cost me a few pennies getting them healthy, and neutered. I had trouble this morning with downloading the pictures I took yesterday of the two dogs that were on the loose, and of Spike, so I apologize. Please stay tuned to tomorrow's post where I hope to have them posted. The kitten situation, the owner of the house, despite my notes to him not to feed them because it makes it harder to trap them when their bellies are full, continues to put down food. I am grateful they are not starving but they need to be rescued, and also Mama cat has not had her litter, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment