Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CRAZY!

What a nutty morning. First off, pics attached are of Teddy, who is on my list to rescue. You might recall I tried to rescue him as I was able to hold him, but when I went to put him in my carrier, he flipped and stayed away from me for quite a while. He is back trusting me, but I have no where to bring him for now. The other pic is of a cat I've been feeding on my porch forever now. She won't


let me get near her, but she is there every single morning waiting for me to bring out her little dish of wet food. She is spoilt! Although there were signs of a raccoon on my porch this morning. Got into my seed and stale bread for the birds. Little devil. Porch kitty is pretty, but very shy. Do not know where she came from, but she just won't go away. I am glad I leave my door open for her though in the winter time. She sleeps there on a cushioned blanketed chair I make for her in zero degree temps. This morning started out almost as normal, although I mixed up my route a bit because I wanted to get a picture of Spike so had to wait for it to get light out, so made it close to my last stop. I got the picture but need to download it so will have to wait. I love Spike. He is first on my list to get off the street, just need a home for him! As I was leaving my third spot, on Central, I spotted two small white dogs on the corner, with collars and tags. Thought they had just been let out for their business and were right near their house. As I got to Seventh, where Spike is, I saw them on the corner of that street. So mind you, they travelled all the way down Bay from Second to Seventh street. I took a picture of them as they sat on the corner, and as I started to get out of the car, they started to take off. One followed the other. They headed toward Goodman. I called 911, cop met me later down past Goodman as I followed them, but stated there was nothing he could do. And Animal Control didn't start for two hours. Well, isn't that something. What a town we live in, eh? UGGH. Pitiful, really. Sweet little things, but had no regard for the traffic, etc. I was already running late, so I had to leave. I will post their picture tomorrow morning for you, and I just pray they get found safe and returned. At my spot where Red waits each morning, a car had been following me and pulled up beside me where a white woman and black man started talking to me. They were both as high as kites. Just before, after I gave up on the dogs, I checked in with a hooker on the corner asking her if anyone had been looking for the dogs, and these freaks thought I was trying to buy some drugs. Dont' worry, I am very careful. Talked to them in my car. She tried to tell me she knew me, and I thought back that maybe I could have gone to school with someone like this, and they took a very different path than me. So sad, to be that high, and driving around trying to score at 6 in the morning. I told her I was just feeding the homeless cats and she looked at me like I was from Mars. Go figure. Spotted Poppi this morning. Thats the good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment