Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Kitchen


So I stay away from the kitchen. Its warm out there. I sit here in my nice air conditioned space, and don't take a second of it for granted. Our nation is burning right now - I actually drove to work this morning and said a prayer for rain! Even though most days I dread rain because its so hard on the kitties out there. They suffer enough with the moist humidity. Everyone was around this morning, I tried to trap at Hayward, but they just won't fall for it. Both reds are there, but not the very sick kitty that I posted her picture the other day. Red is fine, but the other larger red kitty has a severe ear wound. No one will fall for the nice tuna inside the trap. I leave it for almost an hour too. Not sure why they are not falling for it! I did notice that Poppi has been missing from Third. I continue to pet Spike every morning, telling him I will be saving him soon. I just have to have everything timed right. He will require money, and I need the extra space to house him until I can get him fixed and adopted. He needs to be tested first also. He is such a nice boy. Its hard to get his picture because he is at my first stop each morning, and its still dark then. I am now out for a complete hour with all my rounds that I do each morning. You would consider me crazy with how many stops I make now - and I keep telling myself, its just for the summer. But I place so many bowls around now. Especially in this heat. Pray for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment