Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Never Have I Ever...

had a weekend quite like this one.  Good Gravy.  First make this font large, because I am having an eye issue and have to wear my glasses that I can't see so well out of.  There.  Large font.

Second.  Lets backtrack from today.  Cat with prolapsed rectum.  Yes, its gross, and bad, and I won't share the picture I took.  This kitty has been at my feeding site all summer.  I noticed a smell and then noticed the tail drooping and then kitty let me look under the tail.  Poor thing, suffering so.  I finally had to do something about it after knowing about it for a few days and pondering a plan.  I still have no plan, but it is safe on my porch right now, and I am still trying to find a vet that will take kitty today!  I am sure this will be costly, donations kindly accepted.  I will get kitty's (face) picture up for you soon.  PLEASE HELP - you can click on the button to the right and donate any amount you are able.  I still don't know where kitty will go for the surgery but it has to be fast.  I have not yet fed this starving kitty.  You can note PR Kitty when you donate, I have no name for he/she.  :(

Rufus.  Rufus has stomatitis, and is having dental surgery - teeth extractions today.  He is the hardest of my cats to grab, but I did it.  On his way to the vet for that now.  

The fan in the cat mobile went on me on Thursday.  NOT FUN.  Each morning its been hovering around 80 degrees - at 4 am.  No A/C in the truck is HELL.  I am hot enough because of the sleeveless vest (winter) I wear to keep my phone, and a couple of extra cans of wet food in, so not having air - I have to drive around the hood with my windows open and stick my head and arms out the window to dry off the sweat.  Sorry, TMI.  So truck has been dropped off at dealership to figure out if it can be fixed.  Pray to God.

Yesterday, I got that dreaded message about Connor.  The woman trying to give him a new home with her three other cats (that she adopted from me) and her sweet little dog Daisy, tried and tried, and had to give up after Connor, who hates dogs, went after her, and when she tried to break up the dog/cat fight, she was scratched to pieces.  So today, we have to find him an emergency home to go to, not an easy thing to do.  

On Friday, I received a call just before bedtime by the nice couple on Melville - they trapped a kitten.   Mistakenly.  Not sure how that happened, but could I come get him?  So now I have this wild older feral kitten - what to do.  No larger cage to put him in, so put a plea out on Facebook, but until I could get one the next day, kitten stayed in trap overnight, crying.  I got a cage the next morning, transferred him in, scared out of his mind, and under the blankets he went.  I was fearful to touch him afraid of getting bit.  Finally, sometime on Saturday I put my hand in slowly, and grabbed him by the scruff, and we've been friends ever since!  BETTER picture coming soon. I am thinking of naming him Stanley.  That was my dad's name too.  :) 


STANLEY

On Friday, Baby Grey and Baby Black were brought to my house to take over the feeding, and caring, and loving of these two newborn babies.  Thanks to Kings for doing most of the shifts!  They are thriving. Baby Blackie opened his eyes on Thursday, and by Friday, Baby Grey's eyes opened.  Welcome to the world little ones, we hope you like what you see!  I will need to deworm them quickly, but otherwise, they seem fine.  Thank you to Sue for caring for them their first weeks of life.  I am giving them a birth date of August 20th, which would make them two weeks old?  or is my math really bad....


BABY GREY

BABY BLACKIE and BABY GREY

So...  ya think???  Its been a nightmare - sort of...

Oh, and of course, my confirmed tendinitis in my hip and groin area.   I went for an xray on Friday as well, and now need to do physical therapy.  If anyone has ever had arthritis or tendinitis, you can sympathize with me and the excruciating pain this causes, and for me to walk and feed the cats each morning is very very hard to do.


Gabby
But the best news!  I delivered Chase and Sky and Bo and Daisy to their new homes, on Friday.  The little stinkers are doing great, and are well loved by their new families.  And my good friend and old neighbor Deanna's mom met and fell in love with Gabby yesterday!   So as soon as she is spayed, she will live her life well loved in the country with her soon-to-be older sister.


FROM THIS.....

TO THIS!  


And last but not least, the kitten I trapped last Monday, Peanut, is doing fabulous in his foster home, and she is quite the photographer!  Take a look at this little fella!  

Have a great day!


"Never believe that animals suffer
less than humans.  Pain is the same
for them that it is for us.  Even
worse, because they cannot help
themselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment