Monday, September 24, 2018

TNR Monday!

What a crazy weekend!

Busy as ever – life never slows down, even though I am.  Ha.

This morning I had the opportunity to trap two cats.  I set a trap on Parsells, Parsells #2 to be exact, where the owner of the property does not want me feeding the 8 or so cats there.  The girl that lives next door told me she thinks the grey cat is PREGNANT AGAIN, and that a red cat I’ve been feeding for years now there looks pretty bad.  And he does.  And he has for a long time now, but I’ve never been able to trap him, nor any cats there recently.  They just won’t fall for it.  He’s been travelling over to Melville, just behind this house on the street over, and I’ve been slipping Clavamox into his food.  I am not sure he eats it all, but I’m trying.  I know he may not survive a winter.  I don’t know how else to get him. 


Ferndale and Webster Avenue

Anyhow, I did set a trap there, and came back again and again, but nothing.  I had a trap set on Ferndale and Webster, where I rescued five sickly baby kittens from, and found one dead, and Keller’s Kats took them and nursed them back to health and adopted out.  I have always tried for the mother, who recently had another litter, but then moved them.  I had hoped to get her by setting a trap this morning, and I am not sure if it is her or not, but I did get this black and white kitty that is pretty feral.  I pray it’s the mom.


Garson and Baldwin

Down the street, on Baldwin and Garson, where I’ve been placing food and water down for the cats there, and where I’ve already rescued three cats from! – I grabbed the sweet red fluffy boy this morning and placed him gently into the carrier.  He feels unneutered, and certainly ready to get off the street.  So he was my second spot at the clinic today.  I couldn’t have done this if Kim, my Caledonia foster, hadn’t offered her home to me for another rescue.  Thank God for people like her, and Carol, and Melissa, and Sue, and Jennifer, and Michelle.  Those who offer their homes to give cats and kittens another chance.  So he will be combo tested, given his shots, get neutered, and away he goes to live OFF the streets.  I am sure he will be treated like a king by Kim.  Thank you Kim!

LUKE

Luke was adopted this weekend by a very kind couple.  They came, carrier in hand, to pick him up on Saturday.  He was not feeling well when they arrived, and with a little medicine later, and a good day’s sleep, he rebounded.  Funny, same thing happened to Moo Moo, but with NO medicine, and a lot of sleep, she rebounded as well.  I’ve never had a kitten snuggle on my face the entire night.  Won’t leave my side.  Sweetest little thing.

MOO MOO

Below we have the two bottle babies.  They are doing very well being weaned.  They love the Sheba or IAMS pate that come in the little plastic cups.  They are also nibbling on the Royal Canin tiny baby cat nuggets of hard food.  They are still getting formula, but the feedings are dwindling to every 3 or 4 hours now.  Otherwise, they are smushing their faces into the pate.  They are also doing so well learning the litter box!


SQUIRT

SNUGGLES

And finally, this little gem below, PEANUT, is going to be adopted!  Her foster mom decided she couldn't live without him.  Congrats Michelle!


PEANUT
That's it for today.  Prayers for good outcome for the combo test for Mr. Red!

Have a nice day!


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog post this morning. You do so much good Janine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the extra hair on Peanut !
    Adorable !
    I would have kept him too !
    Thanks for all the good news today J !
    So many happy kitties off the street !
    :O

    ReplyDelete