Wednesday, September 19, 2018

KITTENS!

All was quiet on the home front this morning.  Cats are fed, and boy are they hungry every day.  I am so grateful I am able to give them a meal, most their only meal of the day.  I make it a point to drive a little out of my route to feed a few cats hanging around at the corner of 7th and Central Park.  The house has been boarded up for years now, but I remember when it was occupied, it was disgusting.  Disgusting how people can live in such filth around them. 


ELLIE

FRANKIE

JESSIE

OLIVE

SPENCER

WOODY

The 'woodpile' kittens have arrived at my house for the day.  They will go for their first check up later today and to be combo tested.  Most are pretty skittish, minus a couple of them.  We've made a decision to split them up - to let the sweeter, less scared kittens stay with their foster Sue, and the other half will go to Melissa, where she will work with them to be less scared.    I received acknowledgement from a cat 'authority' that read my blog yesterday that it is imperative that feral kittens - which they basically are - 'be kept in a confined space, with multiple handling several times a day - and not be traumatized after chasing them around.'  I know that the kittens are used to their current mom, WHO THEY LOVE - heck, they've even been introduced to Rose, the dog!, but they need to be used to all beings, especially at this critical stage in their life, to be adoptable.  And we must get them adopted!  They are SO DARN CUTE!

I was also given a link on this topic, and I will try to share it with you here:

https://youtu.be/vpEcxIgMhyQ

This is just Part 1 of 3 videos.  Pretty good stuff.

LUKE

MOO MOO


Six kittens went in yesterday for spay/neuter.  I have two kittens left that need adopting.  Moo Moo and Luke.  The cutest ever.  I do have someone coming to meet Luke this Saturday.  And that someone is my former VET!  :)  He is long since retired, but still in the cat loving business.  😉

Sheba Chicken, Salmon & Turkey Cat Food Trays, 2.6-oz, 24 twin-packs


And speaking of kittens, Snuggles and Squirt, I am trying to wean from the bottle.  Its a challenge, to say the least.  Actually, its a pain in the you know what!  MESSY!  For me too!  I have found that the Sheba brand pate (turkey or chicken) is good, and with a plastic spoon, in between their first cries when holding them, you scoop a tiny bit into their mouth.  They are like 'oh...  what is this???  ummmm...  tastes pretty good....  ummmm...  gobble gobble gobble...  oh that is hard, why so hard, oh maybe its the spoon.... '  At first I couldn't get Squirt to eat any.  He refused to open his mouth.  REFUSED!  Then, she let out a cry this morning, and I quickly slipped it in, and BAM!  She was a believer!~  She went crazy for the tasty concoction!  Snuggles was a believer from the beginning.  He loves it.   I still supplement the bottle though.  Thank God for formula.  Lots of baths, though.  They love to pee all over them selves.  But I do see a few things in their little litter box that weren't there before.

SQUIRT and SNUGGLES

There are so many sweet adult cats on the street as well.  I pray I can find more fosters for the adults.  They are too precious to walk away from every day.  I will get more pictures and share.

Have a nice day.

"May my heart be brave, 
my mind fierce, 
and my spirit free."

No comments:

Post a Comment