Monday, September 10, 2018

What a Weekend

Lately my Monday posts have been titled the same - WHATAWEEKEND!

Do you all remember Dixie?  Sweet little Miss Dixie?  She was one of three I rescued and fostered when my mother called Easter time to say the feral my mother feeds in Webster had kittens and to come over right away.  Ugh.  Three adorable little babies that were bottle fed their first weeks of life.  Dixie was a cutie.  She was adopted and her family sent me this updated picture, telling me how much they love her.



DIXIE Then

DIXIE Now!

Sad news from this weekend.  So I was driving to drop Mr. Bingsley at his new house, and I received a call from Kim, who was fostering Spindle/Smudgie.  She had called me the night before to say he didn't seem to be doing well, and asked if she could call ARK to make appointment to get him in right away.  She called, but they couldn't take him.  She called her own vet and got an appointment for him the next morning.  He didn't seem to be using the litter box, nor eliminating.  

As I was driving I got a call from Kim who was at the vet, and she wanted to put the vet on the phone.  The vet explained to me all the things going on with Smudgie - bottom line was that he had severe nerve damage in his back end so he never knew if he had to eliminate.  His bladder was so full, they wanted to put him on catheter to empty it - they had no guarantees that any of treatments they suggested would work.   He just walked around and didn't realize that he was eliminating, and could not urinate because he didn't know he had to.  After discussion, and confirmation that the best thing to do for him would be euthanization, we made that decision.  It was a tough one for me, and very tough for Kim.  This cat was already enduring so much...  He had so much love shown to him his last week on earth - and I thank all that cared for him from afar, and helped with his first vet visit.  Rest in peace my little one.

SPINDLE/SMUDGIE

Mr. Bingsley is doing well so far in his new home. He has a sister who is still hissing at him, but she will get over it!  

Mr. Bingsley

Here is what's left on this corner where he and the others came from a few weeks back.  This little boy is just precious - if anyone would care to foster - hoping Mr. Bingsley's former foster steps up soon.  She was GREAT!  We think this is Mr. Bingsley's brother.  



The bottle babies are now named:  Snuggles and Squirt!  Snuggles we believe is a boy, and Squirt is the girl.  This week, they will begin their litter training, and weaning.  Its going to be a process, I know, but it doesn't hurt to start.  Everyone that has held these little ones has been peed on!  They are in their third week of life.  They say between 3-4 weeks they can begin this process.  Sue is the lucky one to have them this week, and I will get them back this weekend.

SQUIRT!

SNUGGLES!


I have the rest of the kittens at my house - Gabby, Teddy, Luke, Moo Moo and Stanley.  They are ADORABLE.  Gabby will be spayed tomorrow, and going to her new home this weekend.  Teddy is also going to a new home this weekend.  I hope his dentist mom loves him!  So we have Luke and Moo Moo and Stanley - kittens - left.

Foster Mom Carol reports that Connor is coming out from hiding and loves to be petted.  He, along with Parsley and Hermie, are so thankful for Carol to give them a home until we find them permanent placement.  Buffy is also there, still lonely in her room, but loved nevertheless.  I am grateful to Carol for being there when I needed her for these emergency situations.

Have a great day!


And God asked the feline spirit Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul And, as a cat, I am
Most able To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? Asked God.  Soon, replied the
Whiskered angel But I must come slowly.  For my human
Friends are troubled.

For you see, they need me, quite certainly.  But don’t they understand?  Asked God
That you’ll never leave them?  That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?  
That Nothing is created or destroyed?  It just is… 
forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand, Replied the glorious cat.  For I will whisper into their
Hearts That I am always with them I just am… 
forever and ever and ever.

2 comments:

  1. So Sad Smudgie !
    May you rest in peace ...
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me what you do everyday and every weekend. I know it's incredibly stressful and I am sorry for that. Just know that I am thinking of you and I am here for you!
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete