Thursday, September 6, 2018

Hello and Goodbye.

Not much to say today.  Its been a rough week so far.

All kitties fed out there. 

Thanks to Kim in Caledonia for fostering Spindle (who's name will change - I like 'Smudgie' because of the black smudge on his nose).  We have never seen a sweeter cat in our lives.  This cat was in so much pain before I scooped up from Central Park on Tuesday.  He is enduring so much poking and prodding as one of the medications is a gel to be rubbed on his 'bottom half' twice a day - in addition to pills here, and drops there.  But he is a sweetheart.  Will get better pictures of him once his cone of shame is removed.  We can't even tell if he has been neutered!  But soon he will be good to go, ready for adoption,

Stanley is going in for a checkup to get all his stuff done today as well.  He is the little kitten that was trapped this past Friday by the nice couple on Melville.  He is a cutie patootie, and remains in my bathroom until we get him checked out.  Would really like to find a foster for him, he needs space, and he needs to learn how to play.  He is also very lonely looking through the gate at the other cats, wanting to come out to play.

The baby newborn kittens - in their third week of life -  continue to pee on me when I feed them.  But are totally adorable.  I gave them both a bath last night.  They love to roll over on their bellies, and love to be touched. 

Connor is not doing so well.  Carol reports that he is still in hiding and not eating. He is totally traumatized.  I feel terrible.  If you all recall, I rescued him in the late winter of this year, when he was drooling at the mouth, was in terrible shape, from a hut at one of my locations.  I instantly recognized him as a cat I've fed for years about half a mile away, on Baldwin and Grand.  He's an old soul, but now a very expensive one, as he has had a lot of medical issues to over come to be ready for adoption.  He had a great foster, but it was time for her to give him up and we found what we thought would be a good home for him, but it didn't turn out that way.  Connor is best with one other cat, or no cats.  Certainly not dogs.  As I said, I am heartsick over this, as I am for Parsley and Hermie. 

I do wish you all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment