Monday, September 17, 2018

Back in the Saddle Again

Like I never left it actually.  Even with my ache and pain, the show must go on.  Special thanks to Sheryl, Jackie and Kings for going out with me on a few specific days (Sheryl every Saturday, and Kings every other) and holding the water jug and dry food bag, which weighs a lot.  Its the weight that hurts my knees and hip.  Its also the bending down low to fill the food and water.  Killer.  I think if I could pour all this at hip level, and not have to bend down, I wouldn't be hobbling by the time I get back home an hour and a half later.  Pain is tiring.  Exhausting.  When its constant.  I am hoping PT this week, and another couple of shots of cortisone will do the trick.  This groin/hip tendinitis has gotten the best of me.

Thanks to Bev for dropping off a ton of bowls to me yesterday. I have all the bowls I need now.   I go through a ton, really.  At one location they get thrown out every day - a church on Central Park, where some 'Christian' removes the bowls of food and water that the two starving older kittens eat from.   I get out here and there on my drive around, and see so many kitties NOT on my route, and I can't help but pull over and place some food and water down for them.  It could be their only meal of the day.  So, that's where all my bowls go.  At locations where my stuff is easily thrown out.  So I can't waste the good plastic bowls.

Teddy went to his new home on Sunday.  Teddy will have the cleanest teeth any cat could hope for with his mom, a dentist!  And he will learn French too!  His mom is also French Canadian, hauling form Montreal.  She is a doll, and I am thrilled she wanted Teddy as her first pet, ever.  Teddy is still a scaredy cat, but he will work it out with her. 

I went to visit the six new kittens under my care, and to get the two bottle babies - Snuggles and Squirt - that Sue has been caring for the past week.   She has her hands full - these new six kittens are still pretty frightened.  I didn't even see two of them while I was there, and the only way I was able to see four others was that Sue had to look for them under hiding spaces.  They are totally beautiful, and adorable, but I think something needs to change.  They must be confined in a smaller space - they have the run of a finished basement - a beautiful area, I might add - so they are more forced to be handled, and not able to hide.  They must learn to trust humans.  And not just Sue.  Any advice anybody?




I have Moo Moo and Luke as well at my house.  They are the cutest, and obviously, the last to be chosen.  No bites on them yet.  Odd. 




I also went to visit Connor, Parsley and Hermie at Carol's place yesterday.  No one came out for me.  I felt bad.  They all hid from me.  Huh?  But I am your rescuer people!!!  You can't hide from me!  You are supposed to run to me and jump up into my arms!  Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!





I am still hoping to get folks out for Goat Yoga on the 30th.  There was a lot of excitement from people when I first suggested it could happen, but not many people have signed up.  C'mon everyone!  It will be a great start to your Sunday.   Nature, animals, and a relaxing exercise routine lasting no longer than 30 minutes! 

CLICK ON PICS TO ZOOM IN!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I just signed up for goat yoga!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOAT YOGA !
    WOOT !
    (im signed up too !)
    :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are MooMoo and Luke not being scooped up in 1 second? I pray that their forever family or families will come along soon. I'd love to see them adopted together.

    ReplyDelete