Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Stormy Nights!


Man o Man, did y’all hear the thunderstorm last night?  Did it sound to you like it sounded to me?  Like it was directly over my house?  Like the bowling ball was coming down the lane and making a strike with the pins?  Wow.  Loud and light!  Beautiful rainbow came out of it all.   

I distributed two shelters this morning.  One on a vacant porch off of Central, and one on Melville, where I am sure the hick property manager will remove and destroy if he comes around, but I wanted to have something there for a desperate soul that needs it with this weather change.   Cats need a soft warm spot to nest in.  Speaking of, someone crazy is messing with my spot on Baldwin – I actually found a litter box with litter inside one of the large wooden huts there.  And someone opened up a plastic tote shelter filled with straw and left it out so that the rain soaked it overnight.  I poured out the water and replaced the straw when I arrived this morning.  Crazy. 

I lift the huts up with pallets.

This is a door BOARD to this particular shelter.  


I need to start preparing my shelters for the winter months – I think I have enough tarps, but I do need boards.  Boards like 2 ft. x 4 ft., 3 ft. by 4 ?  I am not good at measuring, but boards that will serve as lean to’s – to lean against the opening of shelters (where the food is placed)  to block the snow/rain/wind.   The boards are also used to go over the shelters.  Like when you have a shelter/hut and place one across from it, and the food goes in the middle of that.  The board needs to be long enough to extend from one hut to the other, and have enough room in between to place some plates, and water.   The boards need to be small enough though, to fit in the back of the enclosed trunk of the truck.  The width can’t be too wide. 




I am also down to one headlamp.  I will need to go out today to purchase another.  Its dangerous when you can’t see in the dark. I have had so many donated to me over the past years, but for some reason, they conk out and lose their power.  I appreciate them all, and thank you for them, but I dunno!~  Why do they conk out?  They are ON every day for close to two hours – the batteries need to be changed every four days or so.  Cheap batteries?  I am not sure, but that’s what is needed.  More headlamps.  Uggh. 




Timber, the latest rescue, is doing fabulous.  His foster mom reports: 

"He has the biggest feet I have ever seen. The picture makes him look more orange than he is, very light orange, almost buff colored. Always kneading, perfect litter habits. Great appetite. Medium length fur with fluffy tail . Will put the gate up soon and see how he feels about the residents. Timber is the perfect name for him."

Hopefully more updates and pictures of the five little ones we have left - the Wood pile Babies!  :)  Little Frankie is going to be adopted this weekend.  Woo hoo!



I can't say enough about Moo Moo.  She just can't get close enough to me at night.  Doesn't leave my side.  She is going to make someone so happy, I hope soon!  She is so tiny too!  :) 



"Trade your expectation
for appreciation and 
the world changes instantly."



2 comments:

  1. Surprise Janine!! Sent you an email about boards - give us a call o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again it's not from unknown - it's June

    ReplyDelete