Thursday, August 30, 2018

TGIF!

I know there are huge world problems.  Everyone has problems.  People, and animals, die each day.  Death affects everyone.  Its the hardest thing to lose someone or something you love.  Oh man, where am I going with this??  I didn't mean to get so deep.  I just wanted to mention that my coolant system is not working in my new Catmobile.  But for me, its everything right now.  I have some kind of pulled muscle in my groin (TMI) and have been hardly able to walk for nearly a month now (going to primary doctor today), constant extreme pain when I move, and to have to do this cat feeding route every morning, the enormous amount of pain caused by walking, and bending down, and to compile that with no A/C is just the pits.  Really bad this morning.  I came home soaked from sweat.   TMI

Thanks to Walt Simoni, I was put in contact with a man that mows lawns for an owner/landlord for many houses in the city.  One in particular is my second spot on Parsells, where I have had SO much trouble.  There are still at least five to seven cats there, with no shelter, but they won't leave this spot and depend on me each day to feed them.  As luck would have it, I spoke to this man after he left me a nice message, and he is going to rally for me to place shelters there again, maybe in the back of the property, because he knows the man well and thinks he can convince him to allow it.  WOW.  Kindness.  How lucky could I get.  I've been trying to lure those cats to the property behind on Melville Street - there is a vacant lot almost directly behind - but not quite, where I do have shelters set up, but after trying all year, they just won't come.  Stay tuned on this development, and cross your fingers and toes!

I still have trouble spots at Melville #1, and Parsells #1.  I don't know what I will do for those precious cats and shelters when the time comes, and its coming soon.

PEANUT!


Speaking of Parsells #1, the kitten I rescued on Monday, Peanut, is doing well, and is being handled by his foster already!  Its a slow process of trust, but he is allowing her to pet him!  I figure he is between 10-12 weeks of age.  He will be a long haired beauty soon.  Still working on cleaning him up!




Tomorrow is vacation day for me - the start of a long weekend before BACK TO SCHOOL.  The dreaded day for kids around the country, and for many friends and family who are teachers.  HA!  Sorry.  Get back to work!  :)  Its also the day I deliver Sky and Chase to their new home.  She is a sweet girl and her boyfriend adopting them together.  I am hopeful she will keep me posted on their growth and development, and she will officially be their mom when they are spayed and neutered in September!



Mr. Bingsley will also have a second visit today at his foster's house in Lyons.  The first visit didn't go so well as he hid.  We think he was spooked by her dogs barking.

Once he is adopted, we can rescue one of the two sweet babies left on that corner.

OH WAIT!  Guess what else I am doing this weekend!  Bottle feeding the two new babies!  Thanks to Sue for her tireless, and dedicated round the clock feedings for their first week of life.  They are growing into healthy babies!  Sue sure needs this break! 




Have a great day!

Spay and neuter!

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."

1 comment:

  1. Duck is the clean combination of skin and flesh without bone derived from the parts or whole carcasses of ducks. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein and fatty acids.
    Sweet Potatoes are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and Beta Carotene. The starch in sweet potatoes converts to sugar easily and provides quick energy. If you are looking for healthy food for your dog you can choose this food. Vitalife duck and sweet potato dog treats

    ReplyDelete