Friday, September 7, 2018

Smudgie a/k/a Spindle

So the kitty I rescued

By the way, HAPPY FRIDAY!

The SMUDGSTER

So the kitty I rescued on Tuesday, with the serious problems in the rear end, dripping diarrhea, tail drooping, looked like prolapsed anus (there I said it all), supposedly turned out to be severe worms and diarrhea, is not doing great today, according to his foster mom, Kim.  She believes he needs a recheck.  He's not eating, and the swelling is not going down.  I pray they can get him in to vet today to look at him.  ARK.  Good folks out there.  Little prayer, please.

So I just want to say today that I've been feeding cats in the city for a very long time now.  Ever since I went to the public market after moving into my first home, which was sort of near there, and going to the market very early in the morning on Saturdays, and seeing the eyes of cats in the dark illuminating.  And then going to get food for them.  And then building shelters for them.  And then before you know it, its now 19 locations, and over 100 cats that I feed.  I've been doing all this out of my own pocket.  I started to rescue those that were sick, or too young to be on the street.  I couldn't turn my back on those, back then.  My first post on this blog started out with discovering that there were newborns inside a mattress inside a dilapidated house that was due to be demolished the next day, the huge crane sitting in the driveway, ready to go.  I continued on for years, spending nearly $12K a year on food, and the occasional vetting.  Finally, two years ago, someone had suggested I get my 501c3 to save a little on money, and maybe some vet care.  So I did, and it was pro bono thanks to the old law firm I used to work for.  An awesome senior attorney named Ross and his associates worked diligently for me.

As time went on, I was rescuing more and more cats.  I didn't have fosters back then, and to this day, I have only about five who are serious enough that I can count on in a pinch.  Those five are full today, not able to take any more.  My own house is full.

I've had a few people questioning my judgment about posting pictures of sweet cats on the streets, and not removing them from the streets then and there.  I will get into this further on Monday, as time has run out on me and I must get to work.

Happy thoughts -- how about GOAT YOGA!

Lets do it!!!  Come one come all!!!  :)    Seriously, this awesome girl who took in a 'special' rescue for me has horses, a pig, and a few other farm animals and I am in love with her life!  She is graciously allowing us to use her field and farm to place our mats down, have some goats munching on grass (I cannot promise they will walk on our backs!) and just one on one with nature.  And feeling pretty good after the 45 minute yoga session.  You do not need experience, just a yoga mat, and comfortable clothes.  Please consider, go to my website, and when you click on donate button, make sure you note this is for GOAT YOGA.  I hope to see you there!

Have a great day!

"Be sure to taste your words
before you spit them out."


1 comment: