Friday, September 21, 2018

TGIF!

Another quiet morning out there.  I like it like that!

Yesterday I ran into the dog guy.  He was just sitting there on the stoop at Second and Central, the mailbox kitties.  I get donations of dog food from somewhere, that I like to donate to those in need, and he is one of them.  He asked if I had any dog food he could have.  We've brought him dog food to his house many times, just leave it on the steps, at 5 in the morning, and he seems very appreciative.  He's seems like a nice person also.  He told me he was having an issue with his 15 year old son and had to get out of the house.  His son didn't want to go to school.  I told him keep on him.  I told him how I hated school, but kept at it, going on to college - and how nowadays, you can't get any decent job without at least an associate degree.   He agreed, and I went on my merry way, promising him dog food when I got it.

I am still hobbling my way through the days, going to physical therapy, and getting cortisone shots in nearly every part of my body.  This is not fun folks.  In the back of my mind is the horrific thought if I had to stop feeding the cats out there, and how they would suffer.  I try to put it out of my mind.

SQUIRT

On another note, all kittens I've rescued this year are spayed and neutered - MINUS the woodpile kittens I posted pictures of on Wednesdays blog, and the two littlest ones, Squirt and Snuggles.  Both chowed down some soft pate this morning, after a bit of coaxing, and when I placed the remainder of the container in a bowl of dry food (the baby cat chow - its very tiny food), little Squirt went right over to it and sat there eating it.  YAY!  I am so proud of Squirt!  Boy is it a messy job weaning kittens. AND getting them litter box trained.  I've had to wash more towels.  Ugh.

I received a note a week or two ago from a girl that lives on Parsells,  who apparently reads my blog, and thanking me for what I do.  She lives next door to the house where I have to hide food for the cats so that they can survive, until the owner comes and throws it out.  She actually let her cat out a year or so ago, and I had it TNR'd, unbeknownst to me that it was her cat.  We met after she saw me at some point and we talked, and then she realized it was me as to why her cat was eartipped.  She offered to help pay, but I told her no, just keep him inside.  Its too dangerous for kitties on Parsells, or any where, out side.  I must have given her my card then so she knew my email address.  She asked for my help to trap a sickly orange cat that hangs there, and has been there for AGES.  I've tried to trap him but he would never go in.  Since, I've been trying to medicate him with Clavamox pills in his good, which he seems to ingest, because I stand there while he chows the pill hidden in wet food.  We got to talking and she said how her mother and grandmother love what I do as well.  She also, after I asked her, said I could put shelters for the cats on her property.  I don't know if they actually own the house, but I might take her up on it, if I can't get the house next door's owner's permission.  Small world, and good people.  Thank you Shauntavia and your family, for your kindness to animals!

Image result for GOAT YOGA

Have a great day!  DON'T FORGET GOAT YOGA next Sunday, 9/30 10:00 a.m.!

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness.  If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. "  ~ Stevie Wonder



No comments:

Post a Comment