Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Taco Tuesday!!!

Be sure to click on pics to zoom in.

For the past ...  three mornings, I've found a black bird - dead - inside this shelter on Webster and Ferndale.  I keep tossing the bird, and it keeps showing up.  I am wondering if someone is playing a game, is it voodoo, or do cats really do this.  (and no, Mary Leigh is history right now, thank God.  I don't believe its her doing).

Dead Bird on Webster and Ferndale

Below.  The latest and greatest picture of our little girl Chewy, who is still very shy.  Chewy was a kitty that cried and cried each time I pulled up to the mailbox on Central and Second to place food under the box for her and another kitty to eat.  She was skittish, never let me touch her, but toward the end of fall would get closer and closer to me.  Trust.  Then, she disappeared for months, only to reappear during that very cold snap just before the storm that dumped close to 1.5 feet of snow.  She was emaciated.  I don't know where she went, but I am very glad I was able to grab her, rescue her, and find her a foster to take her in and fatten her up.  Now to get her more socialized.

CHEWY!~

So the woman and son that adopted Muffin has a dog - a pitbull named Jade that she has had since Jade was a tiny baby.  Yes, but this time it will be different!  Here is what she has to say:

"Just wanted to give you an update this morning. I talked to Jade’s vet last night and she said to keep doing what we are doing, redirect her when she’s barking and give her treats so she associates him with good things, have them keep meeting in controlled spaces, and give them time because they’re both anxious and scared it could take up to two weeks.  They also gave me the name of a trainer they use who will come out to the house and work with both of them. So if they are still struggling or haven’t made any progress after two weeks I’ll get in touch with the trainer. 
Last night he was running all over Tyler’s room, he particularly liked looking at himself in the mirror. Ty didn’t try and pet him, he’s just letting him get used to him. This morning I went in and he was PLAYING with me! I haven’t seen him play before so this was very exciting! 
Tonight, he goes back in the kennel in the living room for a bit.  Have a great day! Karlee"
Thank you Karlee for this update, and for the extra effort you are making to ensure a good transition when introducing a feline member to a canine member.

Muffin in Kennel in Back, Jade in Forefront

OK, I think I am obsessed with Taco, the little guy rescued from Lyell Avenue in the spring last year and brought to me to be bottle fed, where it turned out the momma cat I rescued, Destiny, whose babies all died soon after birth, wound up nursing him until he was a big and strong little boy!

I am OBSESSED!  It was exacerbated by the latest picture Taco's dads provided me with, what he looks like now!  You can click on each picture to zoom in a bit...














Taco and TIGGY!

BAYLEE and Taco

Taco and CHASE



Taco Today!


Have a nice day!

💓Start each day with a grateful heart!💓





1 comment: