Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Muffin

Hermie is out from under the bed!  Hooray!

I received confirmation from my trustworthy mechanic -  Johnny from Sid and Johnny's on Bay Street, that the frame that rusted through on one side, MIGHT be fixable, but would probably not last, and would be difficult to meld together because the axles rest on it.  And who's to say the other side would last.  I also realized that after having just spent a total of $500 plus change the past two weeks for other things that needed fixing, I could not afford the labor this would entail.  Seriously, it’s a lot of work.  

My sweet little 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 116k miles on it took its last trip yesterday morning.  Its amazing that it fell apart the second I finished up the last cat spot.  This cat mobile saw a lot of cats in its day.  It was purchased 12 years ago!  Its seen a lot in its day!  It’s given many cats rides to get spayed and neutered, and many people from the streets rides to where they were staying at, at that moment.  

Before it was towed, I had to grab the necessities out of it for the next morning's route.  The necessities being obviously the water jugs used to fill at least 20 bowls, bags that would be filled with nearly 40 pounds of dry food, the empty large yogurt containers that would be filled with 50+ cans of wet food, and then the paper plates and bowls for the cats I see in between spots, and the towels I place for some who stand in the cold dirt, or a cold surface inside their shelter, and the straw used to fill up shelters that have thinned out, and the boards needed on occasion to keep the snow or rain out of an opening to an exposed shelter, or the tarps used when the existing ones blow from the wind or are stolen from mean or crazy people.  I must go back to the mechanics to completely clean it out before it gets towed, to never never land.  I still don’t know what to do with it.  I have some leads, will check those out today.  It was sad pulling up to my spot next to Sid and Johnny's – Johnny allows me to feed and shelter on the side of his garage – and seeing my little red Jeep.  Just sitting there, lifeless.  Its’ just a car, right?  Not for me!  I’m the girl that can’t throw away a can if it still has a pea left at the bottom!

But off I went in my leased sporty KIA this morning.  Boy, the problem with 'just a car' to do my cat route, is a big one.  There are many reasons why I need an SUV type vehicle.  First, its hard getting in and out of my car, 38 times? each morning.  I get out 19 times, and get back in 19 times.  It’s a very low to the ground car.  My degenerative knees can't take it.  Number two, my car is a leased car.  I have another year to go before I can trade it in.  When I do, it must be in pristine condition, as it is now.  If I go another few mornings, such as this morning, and its going to be in sad shape.  I will surely run over glass, bottles, something, to puncture the tires, but also the dirt and mud.  You can get a little rough with jeep type vehicles.  The tires are thicker, and getting it dirty is not as traumatic as getting a smaller sporty vehicle that is LEASED, dirty.   And then there is the dinging noise to buckle up.  I CAN'T buckle up when I am getting in and out a thousand times a minute!  Lord, make it stop!  



So I am on the lookout for ‘new’ cat mobile.  I have a lead.  Stay tuned.


Muffin This Morning
Muffin was brought back to my house yesterday after a short stint with a new adopter.   I was told she cried upon arrival.  It must have been hard for her, and I feel for her.  Really, I do.  I hope they find another cat that is faster adaptable to dogs, and brings them joy like Muffin was supposed to.

In the meantime, I have a potential adopter for Muffin.  Yup.  A woman and her son will be visiting from Penn Yan this Saturday to meet him. Fingers crossed this scared little boy comes around for them. 

Have a good day.

"God opens millions
of flowers without
forcing the buds, it
reminds us not to
force anything for
things happen in the
right time."

2 comments:

  1. Hey J !
    You should get a big old H3 Hummer !
    Imagine rolling up to C.M.L. house in that baby !
    That would make her think twice about messing with cats ...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J !
    For potential fosters - can you please write a post detailing how a typical foster cat would behave in a strange home ?
    Do they pee on everything ? Will they use a litter box if they are a street cat ?
    What food should a foster provide ?
    You might get a couple volunteers if you explained what happens with a typical foster situation.

    ReplyDelete