Monday, February 26, 2018

Holy Moly!

What a weekend!  Good gravy!  I don't even know where to begin.  

So as luck would have it, and boy was it luck, I now have a new cat mobile.  All that stress and worry about finding something to replace the Jeep that was on its last leg last Monday has lifted.   Out of the goodness of his heart, Jim Moran, a kind and wonderful man I had the good fortune of meeting a few years back, donated his good, used vehicle for a very small dollar amount.  I’m still pinching myself to realize it’s all real.   His generosity allows me to COMFORTABLY continue to do what I do on a daily basis – EVEN WHEN I’M SICK.  L  To go out to 19 different locations in Rochester at 3:45 am. every single day and feed over 100 cats.  My body aches a little more every year, as I’ve been doing this for over 20 years now, and having a reliable vehicle means EVERYTHING to me.   I don’t think I will ever be able to thank someone with a heart so generous, but I will never stop trying.  Jim has a beloved cat named Baroness VonHurstbourne, and a love of Scrabble.  He is always looking for a worthy opponent, so anyone game, let me know!  Thank you Jim for your extreme kindness. 

Another act of kindness is by Walt Simoni.  Walt is always there to lend me a hand, and when he heard about the cat mobile, he began a quest to help finance one for me.  He enlisted a friend’s help and started a Go Fund Me page, and the following is a link to that.  As the new vehicle will not need financing, I don’t need funds for that, but can always use help with gas due to driving around every day for an hour and half, and of course transportation when getting cats spayed, neutered, and adopted.  So thank you Walt, for your generosity and thoughtfulness. 


There are SO many kind and generous people I’ve met on this journey.  Now, if someone could just start a fund for cloning me so that I can sleep in some morning, that would be wonderful!

Tomorrow:  updates on Muffin, Hermie, Parsley and Chewy!  Also, a story about a woman I met on the streets Thursday morning – and another on Friday!  Busy out there these days!  And the repo woman this morning!  So much happening!


Have a great day!

"Do things for people
not because of who
they are or what
they do in return, 
but because
of who you are."



1 comment: