Thursday, February 15, 2018

Barefoot and Pregnant


I was driving on a two lane road in to work this morning and a large yellow school bus was beside me.  Earlier, I had woken to the disturbing news on television about the school massacre in Florida that happened yesterday, Valentines Day, and Ash Wednesday.  As I was next to the bus, I looked over and up to see a young man sitting in his seat, gazing out the window.  In front and behind him were kids probably ranging from 12-13 years old, to 16-17 years old.   Some were talking, others were gazing out the window like the young man I noticed first.  I thought to myself, what must be going through their minds…  are they frightened half to death thinking that the same thing could happen to them at their school like what happened yesterday?  And all the school shootings before that?  I sometimes daydream myself at work, as I sit in the front where people come in, that anyone could come in and start shooting.  There are so many deranged people out there.  We must stop this cycle.  I know people are born with mental illness, but I also know more deranged people are they way they are because of their upbringing.   Domestic violence, child abuse, we must stop it because its creating monsters.  Massacres don’t happen just in schools, but I wouldn’t want to be a child, or a parent of a child in this day and age, or a teacher for that matter, with a worry like this looming in the back of my mind.  Just sad.  I had tears rolling down my cheeks at 2 am.  Say a prayer for these people, and all those that have witnessed something like this in their lifetime.  We can never feel too safe, its sad to say.

As far as the kitties out there, Big Red is still not trusting me enough to come near me these days.  I think he knows what I’ve been planning to do.  To rescue him.  His time is coming.  Maybe he’s psychic.  And when it does happen, I hope he accepts his fate and feels gratitude, whatever kind of gratitude a cat can feel.  I pray this wonderful woman who offered to take him hangs tight long enough for it to happen. 

I had great news from foster mom to Parsley and Hermie last evening.  She reports:  “Big progress!  Parsley was on the bed.  Game him lots of pets.  He purred and leaned in to the pets.  Hermie came out from under the bed a bit for treats.  Both are eating canned food for first time since they’ve been here.  Doing much better!”  Hurray!  J

Pregnant Cat



I received a call from an elderly man yesterday who took in a pregnant stray cat in his neighborhood.  He asked for help, needs to find another place for kitty.  The man stated he can’t even care for the eight cats he has and needs to start finding them homes.  He begged me to help him find a home for the pregnant cat.  Can anyone foster?  I pray someone steps up and helps him.  I offered to take kitty and have spayed before the kittens are born.  He didn’t like the idea.  I couldn’t change his mind about this being a better thing for all involved.  That there are just too many cats out there, and too hard to find them all homes.  Please let me know if you will consider it and I will contact him.

Have a great day everyone.  Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment