Friday, November 3, 2017

Today



This crazy ____________________ has been throwing away my food on this vacant property for months now.  She has thrown away hundreds of pounds of food for the four or five regular scrawny and hungry cats that depend on my leaving them food.  She comes by about an hour after I leave it, and throws it in the garbage.  I didn't know who was doing it until a few days ago, and this morning got her picture.  She was told by the police two years ago not to come on the property, after she was reported for kicking a drop trap when Habitat for Cats was helping me trap there.  She has been reported to the Humane Society many times because she was accused by her neighbors of burying kittens in the vacant lot next to her house, just a street away.  The odor was pretty bad during those hot summer months.  She is schizophrenic, and a mean one at that.  This morning she mumbled something about me rat poisoning the cats.  There has GOT to be something I can do.  I need an officer to go over there to tell her to stay off the property.  That should do the trick.  I just need to find an officer.

Its Friday.  It was a miserable pouring rain morning for me.  I've discovered that if I wear the red plastic poncho that Sunday Sheryl gave me, I can stay halfway dry.  And it helps that I took the belt off my bathrobe to tie around it so that it doesn't flare all over and get in my way when I am getting in and out of the car.  There is a hole at the neck for some reason, so the back of my head gets wet, but its better than nothing.  I do look like a freak though, and if a police man ever stopped, the first thing I would say is "OMG, I must look crazy..." and the first thing I would do is start fidgeting with my bathrobe belt, and hood - to try to look sexy or something... yea right...  ha ha hahahahhahahahahahahahah.  Crazy.  And I WOULD seriously say that.  Because deep down, I think I am that sexy 30 something girl that started out doing this when I was still looking pretty HOT.  We never really change our way of thinking as we get older, do we?  I don't.  Crazy...  me?  Naw. 

I have someone coming over to meet the kittens on Sunday.  Fingers crossed I can convince that two are better than one.  They are so darling.  Three went in for spay/neuter yesterday.  Little Stevie girl had her umbilical hernia removed. Apparently its a simple procedure for the surgeons while they spay.  She was sore last night, crying as I touched her.  All are much better today.  The remaining three will be fixed at the end of this month.

Lets get these kittens adopted!  We've got more waiting in the wings!  :)









Have a great weekend everyone!  PS, suggestions on Mary Leigh are welcome.

"He who feeds a hungry animal
feeds his own soul."


5 comments:

  1. Hey J - what if a complete stranger to Mary Leigh caught her doing it, got out of their car - and confronted her, saying they called the police and are just waiting for them to show up ?
    And to back that claim up, the police are notified ahead of time that the volunteer is going to do it.
    And to back up the volunteer they have paperwork showing that you have permission to control the feral cat population on that property ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea, Joel. Was thinking along same lines. Don't forget I want 2 of your books. Needed for Christmas presents--and signed would be even better. Thanx--Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad idea, Joel. Was thinking along same lines. Don't forget I want 2 of your books. Needed for Christmas presents--and signed would be even better. Thanx--Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to see this woman around mckinster Richland and Ferris on her bicycle. She saw me petting a cat one time and said that she was throwing her cat into a bathtub and getting water in their ears so that they didn't have ear mites. If she is so psychotic and nasty why is she out on the street? Have you talked to the police department in that area. Do you know where she live??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the adoption fee for a kitten or adult cat??

    ReplyDelete