Monday, November 13, 2017

Whew!~

Its done nothing but snow and rain for the past week.  And bitter cold last week.  Its a tough thing to go out in every day.  But those little bellies are waiting for me.  What can I do?  Just not do it?  Let them go hungry for a day?  No, as long as I can walk...  I will do.  They certainly won't go hungry for a couple of weeks (maybe) - I go through a LOT of food.  There was certainly a nice pile though on Saturday.

CLICK on the Pics to see up close!



Its over!  The Meow and Chow came and went.  And BOY!  What a turnout it was!  Success!  Success in the fact that I had so many wonderful old friends, new friends, family and acquaintances stop and partake in the event.  Thank you so much every body!  Weren't the raffle items fantastic???  Wasn't the band fantastic???  Weren't the bartenders great?  What about that guy grilling out back - fabulous!  Weren't the folks selling tickets fantastic?  And that Joel - the author......  so talented!  And what about that Kristin!  Running the show as she does so well.  Behind the scenes, the girls that came to help set up, including Mom (well she's a girl too!) and the ones that stayed behind to help.  I am SO grateful to you.

I never did let my hair down.  Literally!  :(







I hope everyone who was there after the 'show' knows that I was running on adrenaline toward the end, and then nothing.  I did not sit to eat until about 4 pm. when the raffles were being called, and even then I just shoved it into my mouth - I had not eaten since the day before, and I had been up since two that morning.  My feet were killing me on top of it!  I had one goal in mind.  To get out of there and get home and turn on lights and feed the kitties!  And the kittens sitting there in the dark.  And then the Number One goal was to go to bed.  Remember, I still had to get up at 2 am.!

I hope others that took pictures will send to me.  I did not have my official photographer, Yesenia there this year. 

I think next year - if God willing I am here and still doing this crazy stuff, I will get a throne, and just sit on it and have people come up to talk.  That way, I don't complain about my feet at the end of the day, and I get to have an actual conversation with those that I either barely spoke to or did not speak to at all.  I am sorry about that if one of those was you.

UPDATES:

Jose went to his new home!  He is loving his two new brothers, two canine siblings, and new parents.  Thank you Darlene for adopting my little boy!   I miss him so much!


JOSE aka Fred (doing a pirouette)

Ginny went to her forever home as well!  Thank you Mary Ellen and Tim for proving her with such a warm and loving home!  Mary Ellen and Tim adopted two kitties from me a year or so ago - Sophie and Callie, and I have a feeling Mary Ellen will have her hands full with three girls!  :)

GINNY
And then there is Muffin!  I rescued Muffin from Parsells Avenue last week.  Thanks to Melissa for taking him in to foster.  He was one scaredy cat at first, but is now showing his true colors.... love for humans!  Hoping to get him adopted very soon!

MUFFIN

"Don't fear failure 

Fear being in the
exact same place
next year as you are
today."


3 comments:

  1. I had a great time !
    Thanks to Kris Miller and all her helpers who picked a fantastic location, organized an amazing selection of door prizes and raffle baskets, arranged a great country band to entertain us, and had tons of fun doing it.
    I was able to sell 22 of my books to raise a total of $220 for Janine the Bean Rescue.
    Thanks to all who bought a copy and made such nice comments to me.
    The book will be available starting next week on Amazon.com.
    I will give the link to it to Andrea so she can post it on Janine's facebook page. It was really special to meet all of Janine's friends and her family.
    Thanks for making me feel like part of the Bean family too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had a great time!! I had a little too much wine and nothing to eat all day so I apologize if I was a bit silly towards the end of the day. But I was having so much fun! Thank you to EVERYONE who came - what a wonderful day. I couldn't sleep that night as the whole day just kept replaying itself over and over in my mind. You are all fabulous human beings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I could have attended.. such wonderful people supporting a wonderful cause for an exceptional human being.. there is good in the world...

    ReplyDelete