Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy Monday Everybody!

Man oh Man oh Man oh Man!  What a week!  And its just begun!

Last week flew by faster than a yellow-tailed roadrunner being chased by a rabbit (?).  Whatever that is.  

Wednesday was shopping for Thanksgiving day.  I was in charge of hors d’oeuvres, coleslaw and squash.  I spent most of the day chopping and peeling and boiling and washing and cleaning.  I made a ton of stuff, and finally sat down to a nice bottle of Prosecco.   Thank God for booze. 

Thursday, keen family fun!  Dinner was fabulous, but what a draining day.  Thank God for Titos.

Friday, I delivered two little munchkins, Tobey and Sergio to their new home.  They were very shy, but I just know I will get better reports as time goes by.  Their new parents are going to fall in love with these munchkins, as I have with the two remaining, Izzy and Stevie.  Stevie is still shy on me, but when I ‘catch’ her, after she gets her rubbing on her belly, and scratches on her chin, she begins to purr, very loudly!  Izzy has stolen my heart (but needs a home!).  He reminds me of Jose, who I adopted out two weeks ago.  This morning, not only did he sleep on top of me AND in the crux of my legs, but under the blanket too.  What a little lover he is.  And he is currently not adopted yet!  Can you believe it?




Saturday I had an adoption event at West Elm.  MY FAVORITE STORE.  My first, and hopefully LAST adoption event.  I am not one to sit and chit chat.  But thank GOD for the help of my friends helping to set up with me, and the wonderful friends who stopped by to say hello, it went smoothly.  I met so many wonderful people.  I met a great family, with two sweet kids, that are interested in adopting TWO kittens!  And not only that, in the email I received later, they would consider meeting Izzy.    I also received an application for Izzy and Stevie!  FANTASTIC!  The kittens have not been feeling well, and are going to a vet again today, hopefully if I can get them in.   I am tired of sick kittens.  Just tired.  Gotta get them feeling like 100% kittens again.







Muffin (aka Love Muffin, aka The Muffin Man) was picked up on Tuesday from his foster home and brought to my house with the hopes of delivering him to his new home the next morning.  Well, the potential adopter had some thing come up, and after more delays, I decided it would not be a good fit for her family.  Muffin was very shy with me, and spent the entire time in my tiny bathroom due to overcrowding of kittens in the other two spare rooms.  He began to warm up, but hated being in such a confined space.  I finally brought him back to his foster mom on Saturday.  He was in his glory.  He loves his two foster siblings, and felt right at home there.  He just needs a day to trust you, and all is well.  But he is now available again for adoption, and is looking for a playmate wherever he may wind up.  He loves other kitties!

MUFFIN
Butterball is still at her foster home, and doing fabulously.  Her foster mom says ‘Butterball cries until you pick her up for cuddles, then falls asleep in your arms.”  We must get her adopted too!

BUTTERBALL!
Fudgie, we Fudgie is just Fudgie.  He misses his sibs, but has enough playmates around the house to keep him occupied.

FUDGIE!



Enough about my own babies – my mornings were challenging out there.  For those of you not familiar with what I do, I leave the house at 4 am. and feed at 18 locations around the Beechwood section of Rochester – Public Market area.  For each shelter I have built for the cats to protect them from the wicked weather we have, none of them is really safe.  I hold my breath before each of my stops, praying to God that no one has taken them and either destroyed or removed them.  Its happened a million times, and each time, my heart shatters in a million pieces.  Not sad for myself, but sad for the kitties that have trusted enough to take refuge in them, and feel safe and warm, and then have them taken away.  It happened again, this time..  AGAIN on Webster and Ferndale.  I found one in a trash bin down the street on Webster.  I have a feeling its Crazy Mary Leigh again, who continues to remove the plates and water dish I leave on the porch of the one house on the corner.  That red and white kitty was harboring in them and now has nothing.  Although I did place some shelters on the CITY vacant lot next door, and saw two kitties come out of them this morning, but no sight of that poor boy who called that his home.  Not many people understand the depths of sorrow one feels when cruelty like this happens.  There is no good reason to do this, and its just a mean act.  I pray for karma to those people.


And that was my weekend.  And how about yours?

"Compassion for animals is intimately
connected with goodness of character; and it
may be confidently asserted
that he who is cruel to animals
cannot be a good man."


1 comment:

  1. How was my weekend? Not one tenth as busy as yours, that's for sure! :) Something has to be done about that Mary Leigh but what? Too bad she's so sneaky about not getting caught. Does anyone have a surveillance camera they could lend you to catch her in the act? Then you'd have something to show the police.

    ReplyDelete