Wednesday, November 8, 2017

You Gotta Be Kitten Me!

Click on the pictures to see up close!


I had someone come over at 6 am. this morning to meet the kittens.   Its funny.  at 6 am. I am the most wide awake, alert and happy.  I love mornings!  Kaeri fell in love with Ike!  Normally, I prefer to adopt out two kittens, for many reasons, but Ike will join four big sisters, so he will have plenty of company and I am sure they will all fall in love with each other!  Woo hoo!  Yay for Ike!

I have another family coming over on Sunday to meet the rest of the clan.  Tomorrow I bring Jose to his new home in Palmyra, and Ginny will be going to her forever home this week.  My friend Melissa will be able to get newly rescued kittens Muffin more acclimated to being indoors, and living a happy normal life that every cat deserves.

It was freezing out there this morning!  I pranced around and gave every one of the over 100 cats that I count at all 17?  18 locations? their breakfast.  And warm water to drink.  I told them all to have a safe day, and I would see them tomorrow.  I gave each one, that allow me to, a pat on the head. 

Tomorrow, I have another opportunity to trap, and I will be setting two traps to be sure I get at least one.  Never waste a spot at the clinic!  Too many kitties need to be spayed and neutered!  Wish me luck!

Another update:  MARTIE!

If you all recall, I was feeding Martie on Melville before I finally rescued him.  Martie would run from one block down another block just to get the wet food I was pouring at the two locations I feed on.  Every morning, cold wet and hungry, there he was.  I am so thankful he is off the street.  He was initially being fostered, but the foster decided to keep him and have him join her family.  I couldn't be happier.  She shared these pictures with me and I asked her if he was as white as he looked:

"White like snow. Personality is part dog and part cat combined with clown.... he is pure entertainment that’s for sure. He also very loyal, if I’m in bed he’s in bed no matter what. Still follows us where ever we go throughout the house. And he gets along perfectly with other cats and our dogs we have yet to have any disagreements which I can’t believe!!!"

Martie with his sibling!  :)

PIC Above is Martie on the Street
(a dirty boy!)

Have a great day!

Today, I will
-count my blessings
-practice kindness
-let go of what I can't control
-listen to my heart
-be productive yet calm
-just breathe


No comments:

Post a Comment