Monday, November 6, 2017

TNR MONDAY! FOSTER NEEDED!

The Rochester Community Animal clinic, one of the ....  THREE? low cost spay/neuter clinics in Rochester (when there are THOUSANDS of unspayed unneutered cats roaming the streets of Rochester) offered me some spots this morning, and I took advantage of it, even though I don't have a pot to p___ in.  These kitties cost me $60 each, although they are altered so no more babies, they are given vital shots to keep them safe, flea and mite treated, and if respiratory infections, are treated for such.

I set two traps on Parsells, where you will ALWAYS be able to trap a cat, there are hundreds on this street alone, and then one on Garson, where I've been hoping to catch the mom of several dozen kittens I've rescued from this spot this past spring/summer.  I THINK I may have gotten her!  PRAY!  Poor baby, quiet as a mouse while letting me take her picture.  Of course there is always that fear that some schmuck that let their already fixed cat go out and gets into my trap, and that would be a waste of a spot at the clinic.  She doesn't have an eartip, and almost looks pregnant, so stay tuned tomorrow when I know for sure.


GARSON GIRL

PARSELLS BOY

 This six month old sweet buff red kitten was an easy target.  I needed three cats to bring in today, and no one was 'biting' the scrumptious mackerel that I had in the trap, so I grabbed this easy boy, who is the only one out of his siblings that has begun to trust me, and allow me to pick up.  I've been wanting to rescue him, but I have had my hands full with kittens so I haven't been able to.  Now is my chance, but I need a foster.  I will have to release him tomorrow morning if I can't find a foster.  He's a little cutie.  I will have them treat him for upper respiratory infection as I see signs of it when I took this picture.  Poor little baby.  SO SWEET.

MUFFIN

I need to trap at the corner of Ferndale Crescent and Webster Avenue as there are so many cats, sick ones too, they are coming from Mary Leigh's house I have no doubt, but she is hindering my efforts.  I need to have a police officer get involved.

On a brighter note, the FUNraiser is this Saturday, and boy do we have some great items for raffling off.  We have some great food to serve, great snacks, and some great drinks for all.  Soft drinks and hard drinks will be served, a fire will be lit, perhaps a fire pit in the back of the lodge for those needing a little space and air (the lodge is 95 ppl. capacity - I have a feeling we are going to go over!)  Raffle will be held towards the end of the party (12-5) and you DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT to win.  We will figure it out.   So come, stay for an hour or two, mingle, say hello, grab me if you can, those of you whom I've never met, please introduce yourself to me, those I have not seen in ages, please RE-introduce yourself to me!  :)  My memory is not what it used to be.  I have met SO many wonderful people in this mission I am on.  I will be in a tizzy most likely.  Please remember that.  This rescue business has kept me hopping!

Have a great day!

"If you figured it all out today,
what would be the point of tomorrow?
Enjoy the process of being
a work in progress."




2 comments:

  1. If you Foster a cat do you have to have all the supplies like a litter box litter and cat food Etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!! I will provide the food and litter etc. if you will foster this cat for Janine!!
    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete