Friday, November 17, 2017

Its Over

The week is finally over.  Boy that was a long week.   I hate wishing days away, our lives are so short, there is so much I haven't done or seen, but when you're in the rat race - when you have a full time job, on top of the gazillion other things that, I'm sure we ALL have going on, you just want a break from something.  And for me, that's my Saturday and Sunday.  I get a reprieve for 8 hours of work both days.  Not that I don't have 'work' to do.  At home, its a new kind of work.  Like cleaning, and since April, having meet and greet for kittens.  My time is all used up half the weekends now running around here and there, delivering kittens or cats to their new homes, having people stop over to meet other available kittens.

I try not to complain.  I know I am doing good.  The kittens I have under my roof were found huddled in shelters at my Garson location.  God knows their fate if I hadn't gotten them, first three at once, then two at once, and finally little Stevie, the still scared little girl, but who has come a long way since.

Stevie and Izzy
I will also be adding more under my roof tomorrow when I get five newer kittens who have been being fostered by Sunday Sheryl.  They are near and dear to her heart after feeding them, and others at Zuber Farms in Chili.  A kind woman by the name of Sheri - her son found them and Sheri took them in and asked for help with them and I took them under my belt.  They are beautiful, and I have no doubt all will be adopted.  I first want to get Sergio, Izzy, Tobey, Stevie, and Butterball adopted.

Muffin (head)
I think I have a home for Muffin!  I will bring him to his new home this Wednesday, which is pretty awesome.  A former adopter has expressed her love for Muffin!  She adopted Sparky a year ago this past summer.  What a cutie he was as a wittle babee... 

SPARKY!

And now as an adult...

Tomorrow, I will also have help with shelters.  Sunday Sheryl's son will help move a large wooden one from my garage to Central and Second, where there are so many babies - we are due for a winter storm this weekend, so I must build up this colony's protection against the weather. 

I looked around at the food this morning that was donated at my fundraiser.  I was in awe. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the support I've received this past year.  I just want to sit with each and every one of you for an hour and chat.  Can we do that?  I want to show you face to face how grateful I am to have you in my life!

Have a wonderful day.

“The smile on my face doesn’t mean my life is perfect.  It means I appreciate what I have and what God has blessed me with.”



1 comment:

  1. "I just want to sit with each and every one of you for an hour and chat. Can we do that? I want to show you face to face how grateful I am to have you in my life!"
    Yes please !
    :)

    Seriously though, if you are interested in doing just that - FACEBOOK LIVE would let you do it.

    ReplyDelete