Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Stuff

It was very cold this morning.  But no rain.  I'll take it.  I can button up when its cold and keep warm, but I can't stay dry when it rains.

I love to get updates on the kitties I adopt out, and love to share with you, as some of you may remember some of the rescues I've done over the years.  I am still amazed that I've been able to get 109 cats off the streets since January.  That number includes at LEAST 60 kittens.  It was a VERY BAD year for Kittens.  I never want to see another kitten again.  ha ha.  I've paid for all those, plus the TNR's,for their spays and neuters also.  Can you imagine how much money that is?  Out of my own pocket?  I thank GOD for the few of you that donate to me.  Without you this just wouldn't be.  Period.

Whoa, wait a minute, Muffin makes 110.


Saroo Newly Rescued

Saroo/Skeeter TODAY!

Saroo/Skeeter update!

"He’s doing fantastic! I’ll try to have my kids take a pic of him today. He tends to only snuggle at night while I’m in bed. Then, he’s all over me! After a while, I️ kick him off my face and he lays down at the foot of the bed. One thing I’ve noticed about him— he does not jump off the bed when there is a lot of movement from my husband or I️. Usually, my cats get mad when we move/change position and take off. Not skeeter.. he’s in it for the long haul! We don’t see him much during the day — he must be sleeping somewhere— so when we do, he’s like a celebrity. We get very excited!"

I had to return Giselle and Papa to their perspective locations this morning.  They spent a cold night on my porch.  I tried to cover them as best as I could without suffocating them.  They were miserable, and scared.  I HATE TNR.  I hate returning cats to the streets. They don't belong on them.  I did, however, turn Muffin over to my friend Melissa, who does wonders with feral/semi feral kittens. 

Muffin from Parsells

Ginny from Parsells (Muffin too!)
Muffin, I believe, is just that.  Muffin would come up to me every morning, run to my Jeep in fact, hungry.  Knowing I had food.  He would sidle around my ankles, and let me pet him, and hold him.  He hissed at me after being returned to my house after the clinic last evening.  Maybe it was losing his manhood that he was not happy about.  Who knows.  I just pray he is a good boy for Melissa, and behaves.  He joins Ginny for now, who will be going to her NEW HOME this weekend!  The folks that adopted two other babies from me will be adopting Ginny. 

On Melville, where my stuff has been being trashed for a few months now, I think one of the older kittens there is pregnant.  I have ONE spot at the clinic this Thursday, so am going to try to trap it.  I also saw another kitty this morning, unfortunately at the same location where I am having trouble with my food because of Mary Leigh trashing it each day, that looks pregnant.  A black cat.  I am going to set another trap there too, and hope that if I - by chance - get both, the clinic will allow me to bring in both.  Speaking of Mary Leigh, nothing seems to stop her.  I am hoping the police officers will say something to her if they see her out carousing. 

Did I mention the signature cocktail at this year's event?  Its called The Kitty Cocktail!  :)  I am sure this is not original, but I LOVE it.  So I am sticking to it.  It will have my favorite vodka, Titos, DIET lemon lime soda, grenadine, and maybe a cherry on top!  Woo hoo!  :) 

Please remember that you do not have to be present to win a raffle basket!  We will figure it out.  It may be cold, and crowded inside, so please don't feel obligated to stay the entire time.  :)  Would just love to see one and all. 

Thanks and have a great day!

"Worry and anxiety
cannot change my circumstance,
only positive thoughts
and actions can."



1 comment:

  1. I've got the paintings framed and Mom will have to set up a time to bring them to you. Had to rework the black cat and it turned out well, but the ginger cat was too out of proportion. I know you liked it but if I pointed out the mistakes you would see how bad it is! So I'm replacing it with a painting of the roses that you liked. Will try to get in touch sometime Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete