Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Monday!

HEY O everybody (as Howard Stern would say - (hey, to the Howard haters, he and his wife Beth are HUGE cat lovers, they rescue and foster - and he gives GREAT interviews)!  What a weekend!  Eh?

Anyone who lives in Rochester, and woke at 4 am. on Sunday morning, will know what our weather was doing outside.  I can tell you firsthand that it was not pretty.  It was miserable actually.  Winds were whipping, and the rain was falling.  And it was ccccccccold.  I raced from one shelter to another – all 18 (I think), trying to batten down hatches (it’s a saying).  I have shelters at each spot now, not winterized yet, I still need help with that, but sufficient enough for the smart ones to get out of the cold and into these nice warm shelters.  I gave them their dry food, and a dollop of wet, and some warm water, and raced off to the next spot, finishing up about 5:30 am.  My one morning to go back to bed, which I did and loved it.  I always feel better after I finish up my rounds in the morning, knowing that the cats will eat that one meal, and if they are smart enough, will huddle in those boxes for safety and warmth.  Its day three that my shelters on Melville have not been trashed.  Mary Leigh continues to throw my plates out, but I’ve secured a spot across the street, for now, with shelters, and a beautiful sweet white and red kitty sleeps there – he leaves the shelter and goes around the corner when I arrive.

So, Saturday morning I delivered little Ike and little Tito to their new homes.  The first two of the Garson six to go.  I was sad in the fact that they were being adopted alone, without a sibling.  We all know the benefits of having a sibling being adopted out together.  I began to receive reports from their new moms later in the day, and I was relieved to know that – yes, they were frightened – but they were slowly coming around.  The next morning, the reports were getting better.   Ike’s name will remain Ike, and Tito is now Dave.  Dave Tito to be precise. 

Here is the update I received on Ike:

Today was Ike's first full day with us. We got up around 8 or so, but didn't get the downstairs kitten proved until 11 a.m. or later. Yesterday when we brought him downstairs he spent most of the day terrified on the bean bag couch with us. Today from about 11:30 a.m. till almost 5 p.m. he played Non-Stop, chasing toys, chasing laser pointers, climbing the book shelves, batting at the dog's tail, biting my toes, generally being adorable. Around 5 or 5:30 he finally collapsed into a pile on Bob has been sleeping ever since.

IKE in new home!

I feel so much better.

Here is the update I received on Dave/Tito – they are keeping him in a beautiful kitten room, with a baby gate for him to look out at  Dave joins a feline sister Piper, and a canine big brother (three to be exact):

“I’m so glad to hear about Ike!  We’ve been thinking about him too.  Dave has completely come out of his shell with us.  What a little love!  He and Piper were even playing with the same toy yesterday, while keeping a healthy distance, of course.  He met two sets of his grandparents and did so well, sitting on laps and purring.  He’s just starting to wonder about the world outside of his door.”

DAVE/TITO



This makes me very happy!

I had a wonderful couple come over on Sunday, and they instantly fell in love with Tobey.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will consider two.  I think they might be leaning toward Sergio?  We then have Izzy and Stevie ready to be adopted!


And lets get Butterball a new home too!  Fingers crossed everybody!  J  

12 Things to Always Remember:
  1. The past cannot be changed
  2. Opinions don't define your reality
  3. Every one's journey is different
  4. Things always get better with time
  5. Judgments are a confession of character
  6. Over thinking will lead to sadness
  7. happiness is found within
  8. Positive thoughts create positive things
  9. Smiles are contagious
  10. Kindness is free
  11. You only fail if you quit
  12. What goes around, comes around 


2 comments:

  1. Ike and Tito are so cute !
    Thank you for saving them !
    Thank you for working so hard to find them loving homes !
    I can tell by their faces in the pictures they are happy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love the photos of Ike and Dave Tito! Hooray for a happy endings and may there be many more like them.

    ReplyDelete