Tuesday, April 25, 2017

TNR Tuesday!

I was able to snag a cancellation through RCAC today for one spay or neuter, and another at another clinic.  So out I went to set two traps.  On Parsells, for now, I am giving it a break until I want to start trapping the remaining five or so there and bring them to barns.  One is adoptable, a red with white.  I am not ready for this yet.  Its been too stressful for me with the other two shelters I've been dealing with.  I set a trap on Melville, and another on Parsells at my first stop around the corner from the Melville spot.  Off to do the rest of the front nine, then back to check on Parsells #1 first and BLAM.  I gotcha big boy.  I am calling him Buster, as this poor beat up feral black kitty was desperately trying to bust out of the trap.  He will go in for neuter and a shot of convenia, as he has green goo in his eye, so figure he must be suffering from some kind of infection, poor fella.




Then to check the Melville spot, and BOOM.  Gotcha.  Pretty red kitty.  Not sure if boy or girl, but wasn't as wild.  Always wonder if these kitties are feral or not.  Off it will go for spay/neuter and ear tip, and then back on the streets tomorrow morning, the worst part of TNR. 



I have two spots each Tuesday for the month of May at RCAC.

Someone suggested the other day that I publish my address for those of you that do not like to use credit cards.  I think addresses are easy to find these days, if you  have a computer, but if you want to email me at janinethebean10@yahoo.com, I would be happy to share it.  I am hoping to begin a campaign for the month of May to sponsor a spay.  Even $5 would help.  It costs me $60 for a cat at RCAC (Rochester Community Animal Clinic on Bay Street) and its extra if you want them treated with an antibiotic. 

All was quiet this morning.  I am grateful to the man who is allowing me to place shelters on his property so and allowing me to TNR the many kitties around there.  I want to do something nice for him.  I know he is disabled, not sure of his disability, but pretty sure he has a computer, so ...  suggestions?

I am trying to coax the four kitties on Pennsylvania down to a new location, and its proving a bit difficult.  This morning, up wheels Will on his bicycle, the homeless man I have befriended, who is actually doing well in a halfway house since being in recovery.  I had to hush him up telling him I was desperately trying to call for the cats to come to this new location.  I have seen no signs of the city on the garden spot.  Yet.

An update on the three cats I adopted out this past week:

Springer is doing great with his four feline siblings - all have blended together fabulously!

Topper (now Piper) is loving life in his new home.  He is the king of his castle!

And Pringles (now Cooper), well, his new feline brother Manley is not quite ready to accept him yet. Manley WAS the king of his castle, but since Pringles came on board, there is a lot of fighting, hissing and growling going on.  His new mom is persevering though, and will let them get it out of their system.  Time will tell!

Mystic

Speaking of Manley, he was one of a group of kittens I rescued (8) from the Roberts Wesleyan college campus back in 2014 that all had upper respiratory infections.  His original kitten name was Mystic.  He was fostered by a friend who named him that.  He was eventually adopted and you should see the size of him now!  The same woman adopted Pringles on Sunday. MANLEY is HUGE!  Mostly fur.  :)  Manley, you better start liking your new brother!  :)


"I think I could turn and live with the animals, they are so placid and self contained;
I stand and look at them long and long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition;
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins;
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God;
Not one is dissatisfied-not one is demented with the mania of owning things;
Not one kneels to another, nor his kind that lived thousands of years ago;
Not one is responsible or industrious over the whole earth." 
― Walt Whitman

1 comment:

  1. Pringles may have some leftover hormones that require a month or more to disapate. As soon as that happens life with his new brother will calm down. How about a Wegmans gift card for that man letting you feed?

    ReplyDelete