Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Feed a Cat for Christmas! JAN R.!!!

Thank you JAN R!.  Jan sent me a beautiful homemade Christmas card with a donation.  Her very talented friend from Colorado made it.  Thank you Jan for helping me to feed these cats out there.  With the generosity I received from folks around Christmas time, which by the way, we are almost done with it, I am able to feed these cats each morning, AND rescue them.  And guess what?

I rescued another this morning!  Meet Callie!




Isn't she ADORABLE.  This is her on her back on my lap.  She doesn't know what to make of it, but she loves it.

Her story:  I've been feeding this young girl for several months on Pennsylvania and Second, and figure she lives under the steps of the small porch I feed the other cats on.  I have shelters on that porch, but she seems to come out from under the stairs every morning when I arrive.  She never let me get near her. She is the kitty I also saw in the upstairs window when someone had come along and padlocked the house.  I had to get her out.  She came close to me today, finger to nose, and voila!  I grabbed her.  I seriously doubt she is spayed already.  I have concerns about her belly being a bit swollen.  I have requested a clinic spot from a few places.   She is scared, but doesn't mind you holding her.  AND she loves her belly being rubbed.   I will then need to find a foster for her and then get her adopted!

So far so good on Bacardi.  They love him to pieces already!  AND, today I will call to check on my little Princess, the older kitten I rescued last Tuesday.  I was so in love with her!  She has a new family, and I will call to speak with them today on her progress.  And finally, Sunshine seems to be feeling right at home with her new family!

SUNSHINE!

Please spread the word.  Please SPAY AND NEUTER your cats, and please volunteer to foster.  You are saving the life of a cat.   You WILL fall in love with them, but you WILL let them go to their new adoptive home when the time is right!  :)  Because then we can save another!

Have a Great day!

Rescued Cat


Once I was a lonely cat, just looking for a home.
I had no place to go, no one to call my own.
I wandered up and down the streets, in rain, in heat, and snow.
I ate whatever I could find; I was always on the go.

My skin would itch, my feet were sore, my body ached with pain.
And no one stopped to give a pat or gently say my name.
I never saw a loving glance; I was always on the run.
For people thought that hurting me was really lots of fun.

And then one day I heard a voice...so gentle, kind and sweet,
And arms so soft reached down to me and took me off my feet.
"No one again will hurt you," was whispered in my ear.
"You'll have a home to call your own where you will know no fear.
You will be dry, you will be warm, you'll have enough to eat.
And rest assured that when you sleep, your dreams will all be sweet."

I was afraid, I must admit; I've lived so long in fear.
I can't remember when I let a human come so near.
And as she tended to my wounds and bathed and brushed my fur,
She told me about the rescue group and what it meant to her.

She said, "We are a circle, a line that never ends.
And in the center, there is you, protected by new friends.
And all around you are the ones who check the pounds,
And those that share their home after you've been found.

And all the other folk are searching near and far.
To find the perfect home for you, where you can be a star".
She  said, "There is a family who's waiting patiently,
and pretty soon we'll find them, just you wait and see."

And then they'll join our circle; they'll help to make it grow,
so there'll be room for more like you, who have no place to go."
I waited very patiently; the days they came and went.
Today's the day, I always thought, my family will be sent.

Then just when I began to think it wasn't meant to be,
there were  people standing there, just gazing down at me.
I knew them in a heartbeat; I could tell they felt it too.
They said, "We have been waiting for a special cat like you."

Now every night, I say a prayer to all the gods that be,
"Thank you for the life I live and for all you've given me.
But most of all, protect the cats in the pound and on the street.
And send a Rescue Person to lift them off their feet."


1 comment:

  1. Sunshine looks like a little queen lounging on that bed! Good to hear about Bacardi, too. Is his bathroom issue cleared up now?

    I wonder how old Callie is and if she's lost. If she likes her tummy rubbed she's obviously had a family before. :(

    ReplyDelete