Tuesday, February 21, 2017

MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

MELODY
That's all I am hearing from Melody.  She is singing her own melody.  She makes these deep guttural sounds, but when I peer in to her from the doorway, her meow's are sweet and gentle.  She is in the window sill constantly looking out and making these sounds...  I have to wonder if these sounds are coming from her?  Is this another sign of her being in heat?  Love the comment about a cat's slutty ways when they are in heat.  Thanks Joel, that made me laugh out loud!  :)

As everyone knows, if they've read my blog through the years, I see a lot of sad things every morning when I go out.  Some worse than others.  At one of my 16 locations, on Central, there is a black and white Sylvester cat that I've been feeding on and off for a couple of years now.  He keeps his distance, but close enough recently for me to see him and hear his breathing.  Two mornings ago, he was close enough for me to see a very long drool coming from his mouth.  Thick and long.  My heart broke.  Later that day, I requested some spots from the local clinic for TNR, in hopes I would get one for today (they do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays), and I would trap him and get him seen at least.  I got two spots for Thursday, that's it.  But I still wanted to help this boy out, so I did bring the trap, thinking if I have to, I will keep him on my porch until Thursday.  But he wasn't there.  I pray he is OK.  That's all I can do!  At my next few stops, I knew where I was going to set some traps... there are a few new kitties hanging around Central and Third, and of course there are so many just a block up where I call them the Mailbox kitties.

I have another two opportunities to TNR this Sunday, so wish me luck there.  Please remember, its $60 per cat to get them fixed, so if anyone can help out, just call the clinic and put anything you can in my name - its so appreciated.  585-288-0600.  Thank you from the millions of cats you are saving from being born and homeless.

GEORGE on Garson - pic taken yesterday



George on Garson is still limping.  But I am placing the food for him right where he is so that he doesn't have to go all the way back to the back of the lot where I hope he sleeps at night. He is normally always there by the road to greet me each morning.  He is adoptable, and will be rescued someday.

In the meantime, I am waiting for an appointment for Melody, and then she is good to go.  She is a SWEETHEART!.  Really friendly and lovable.  Just have to get her fixed up!  :)

Bacardi aka SULLY is doing well in his new home.  His mom sent me this picture! 

SULLY aka Bacardi

Stash aka SIMON is being fostered, and would love a good home!

SIMON aka Stash

MELODY


And Popcorn is also available for adoption.

POPCORN


Any takers?  I also need fosters if anyone can open their hearts and homes to one of these sweethearts on the streets. 

Last but not least, I missed my faithful every Saturday Sheryl - who rides with me and is huge help with my shelters -  this past Saturday due to a severe cold.  Get better my friend!

Have a great day!


Every day, 

every moment, 

holds the promise 

of splendor.



2 comments:

  1. Yep !
    That Long, soulful MEOOOOwww is a sure sign.
    She is in heat, and want to PAR-TAY !
    Lol
    Keep her locked up tight mom, else you are gonna have to deal with a bad case of the "preggers"
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of Simon! He definitely seems settled into life indoors.
    I'm kind of surprised that there are no takers yet for Popcorn and Melody. They're such pretty cats with unique markings.

    ReplyDelete