Thursday, January 26, 2017

Feed a Cat for Christmas!!! SANDY & JIM F.!!!!!

SANDRA and her husband JIM kindly offered to take Blackie, a cat that I had been feeding for years underneath a porch of a vacant house on Stout and Grand Avenue.  At one point, the shelters and everything were strewn out onto the curb, and I knew someone was moving in.  It’s a long story, with police involved (I called) but luckily, we were able to get Blackie out of there and into the country life, thanks to Sand and Jim.  Love them both for taking in this once unadoptable, aggression issues cat.  Today, they love him and he is a beloved member of the family.  So thank you guys for helping me to Feed a Cat through Christmas!  JBlackie

Blackie then, living under porch




Jim built Blackie his own home!

Blackie, living the life, today


I go through 36 pounds of dry food every day.  I fill up the bags when I get home in the morning from feeding.  That’s a lot of food.  Just saying...

This morning, as I pulled up to one of my locations, a boarded up house that has had some vagrancy issues lately – the side porch door has been wide open a few times - I glanced up toward the house as I passed the side of it  – and I can’t believe I even did it, normally I would pass right by – and I saw a little calico cat in the window on the second floor.  I couldn’t tell if the window was up or not.  I immediately pulled to the side to think.  Each time I saw the door open, I would close it just enough that it wouldn’t look suspicious to someone driving by – they would take my shelters again.  I would take a count as to how many cats were normally there – one gray, one older muted calico, and one young bright calico, and I would be sure they were accounted for before closing that door slightly.  Yesterday, someone must have come along and bolted the door – there was a pad lock on it.   I immediately sprang into action and got my crowbar.  Yes, I sometimes do things a bit  -- illegal shall we say?   In the ‘old’ days, I would panic and call the police, call my police friend, call the fire department, I would panic.  But today, I take matters into my own hands.  I pried the padlock and sprang the door open!  I went around to the front of the house, did my feeding, all the while calling for the kitty, still not seeing her.  I went back to the Jeep, looked up, and there she was!  I got back out, went to the side of the house, and tried to secure the door a bit, very loosely in case there was another inside, but didn’t want kitties to get back in.

So there you have it.  Another exciting day in the hood!

Oh, and we have another trip down memory lane:

I rescued a mother cat, and a kitten cat, unrelated, a few years back.  Their mom wanted to share a picture of them now.   She adopted them together, how great is that!  Does anyone remember Sweet Pea, and Charlie?

Charlie

Sweet Pea - so dirty - THEN

Charlie and Sweet Pea today!
Have a great day!

"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."


1 comment:

  1. Yes! More happy updates! I think I remember Charlie and Sweet Pea. They look so happy and pampered now.

    God bless Sandra and Jim for taking in Blackie and helping him work through his issues. What a great life he has now!

    Glad you were able to get the kitty out of the vacant house. It might not be wise to post exactly how you did it...you never know who might be reading and tattle on you.

    ReplyDelete