Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Feed a Cat for Christmas!!! JACQUI!!!

Dear Sweet Jacqui!  Jacqui is one of those rare gems that has taken the trip and come out with me in the morning.  She did that one time, and probably will never again!  HA!  Kidding.  I don't think it was as bad as she thought it would be though, but I was oh so grateful for her company!

Thank you for helping me to feed the kitties for Christmas!

So I always try to make my home look like its out of House & Garden magazine - with what little I have - but it really never does turn out quite like that, not even close.  But I pretend.  I try to make my porch look pretty in the summer time, and winter, but in reality, I have squirrels, possums, raccoons and an occasional bird on the porch.  Most times I harbor Annabelle, the neighborhood cat - she is a muted calico, never allowed me near her, after all these years, and no ear tip, but also no pregnancies.  She sleeps on one of two chairs out there, of which both have a heating pad, just in case Annabelle wants to switch it up and sleep on a different chair.  :)  In the past few weeks, I've had a large black cat with very white whiskers showing up, and not running away from me.  He's been here maybe three times now.  This morning, I looked out on the porch to find Annabelle in one chair, and this big black dude on the other.  Now, last week, I made an appointment at the clinic to have a girl kitty named SheSheMeowMeow fixed for a foster's who can really not afford to have it done - and she has been so good to me for fostering Bacardi that I offered to help her out.  I also made an appointment for the male cat - - thank GOD he showed up this morning!  And I felt back 'there', and oh yea, he's a male!  So I scooped him up and placed him in a carrier I had gone and grabbed - this ALL at 2:30 this morning!  Oh what fun I have in the mornings!

FRED
So he's in my bathroom - in a carrier, miserable I am sure, but he's a really nice cat!  I will have him neutered today and then release him on my porch and he can come and go as he pleases, but I do wish I could find him a permanent indoor home.  He has watery eyes, etc. so I will also have them give him a shot of convenia, and test for FelV and FIV.

So that's it in a nutshell.  I did my normal route this morning.  The usuals were there, waiting, hungry.  But their little shelters were all dry, and still there.  Luckily. There have been many days doing this that I have come upon one of my shelters only to find it gone.  Everything gone.  Some mean person coming along and trashing everything.  So far so good.  I do know that one of my spots, the house is going to be demolished soon this year.  I have to scout around and look for another spot, and rebuild for the four or so cats that rely on this location for safe harbor and feeding.  Life goes on.

Have a great day!

"Don't say you don't have enough time.  You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson , and Albert Einstein."  (wow, powerful).

No comments:

Post a Comment