Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Feed a Cat for Christmas!!! CAROL & MIKE O!!!

CAROL & MIKEY!  :)  Hey, thanks for helping me to Feed a Cat for Christmas!  Carol has been very generous to me through the few years we've known each other.  She heard about me through her husband Mike, who I knew through work, and off we went to friendship.  AND, Three, Four???  cats later, they adopted!  :)  Carol, correct me if I am wrong?  Is it Four??  :)

Greta a/k/a CANDY - Before Rescue on Hayward Avenue


GRETA Today!

ALICE
ABBY
MURPHY!
Often people that adopt from me I don't hear from again, which saddens me, because I like to know the progress of what is happening with kitty that I once fed on the streets that distrusted humans at first, and then learned to trust again through me.  It takes time and patience, but they do come around, and those lucky enough to be rescued get great homes.  It makes me feel like what I do is worth it.  Sometimes, that is hard to see when you are getting up day after day after day at 2 in the morning, to go out at 4 to feed cats for an hour and half, in all sorts of weather, in not so nice neighborhoods, trudging through snow, mud, rain, thunder and lightning, you name it.  I don't know how I do it.  Its their little faces that I see peek out from a shelter, or the eyes illuminating from the headlights of the Jeep when I am just pulling up to their spot.  Some even run to me.  THAT'S what keeps me going.

But I do love updates!  Here is Dasher, now named Bogart, in his new home.  Do you think he is happy?  :)



His foster mom did SUCH a great job - she picked him up from me the day of his neutering, and with a LOT of patience with his initial aggressiveness, with him learning to trust the human he was now with, he turned into the mushball he is today.  I am so happy for you Dash!

The snow was miserable this morning, but I made it as comfortable as possible at all 16 locations that the cats are waiting for me at.  I changed some wet towels inside the comfy spaces, and brushed off some snow at others.  The shelters are still there, on the side of the house next door to where they were removed from the porch of the house that someone apparently has purchased.  I still have the food plates on the porch.  Too bad.

Princess!
Princess is just that.  Not knowing what this young female that was rescued AND spayed just yesterday would be like, I found out.  She is a sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet less than a year old.  Used the litter box, and turned over onto her back to show me her belly while on my lap this morning.  I love her!  But she must be adopted!  :)

PADDY now named PATRICK!

One last happy note.  The girl that adopted Paddy earlier last year, now named Patrick, wrote me this morning asking to adopt a girl cat, and guess who is going to be adopted???  SUNSHINE!!!  Woo HOO!!!


Have a GREAT day!


3 comments:

  1. Dasher looks SOOOOOO happy!!! Yippee!!!!!!! And I am so happy for Sunshine and little Princess. What a great post. I don't know how you do it everyday either - you are a very special and dedicated lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy about the great news about Sunshine's adoption! And glad that Princess is such a sweetheart!! You are their hero!!
    Carole R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Sunshine and Dasher! I can't get over how sweet Princess's little face is.

    ReplyDelete