Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bad Ju Ju

They say bad things happen in threes.  For those of you who believe in superstitions, it really does happen.  We had a third death in my family, in three days.  Not only did Chris pass on Monday, but so did my grandmother's 98 year old sister, my fiery red-headed great Aunt Mary.  Her daughter, my sweet second Cousin Jill, her grandson, 18 months old, died yesterday.  Just two days after her mom.  I can't tell you how sad of a week its been, for so many people.  Please remember this today:  you never know what someone else you encounter is going through, so please be kind.  Smile at a stranger today.  It could make their day.

Aunt Mary

Thank you to - I think its Sunday Sheryl - who did some research and shared the following on yesterday's comments:

Agriculture and Markets Law § 353
Overdriving, Torturing and Injuring Animals
§ 353. Overdriving, torturing and injuring animals; failure to provide proper sustenance.
A person who overdrives, overloads, tortures or cruelly beats or unjustifiably injures, maims, mutilates or kills any animal, whether wild or tame, and whether belonging to himself or to another, or deprives any animal of necessary sustenance, food or drink, or neglects or refuses to furnish it such sustenance or drink, or causes, procures or permits any animal to be overdriven, overloaded, tortured, cruelly beaten, or unjustifiably injured, maimed, mutilated or killed, or to be deprived of necessary food or drink, or who willfully sets on foot, instigates, engages in, or in any way furthers any act of cruelty to any animal, or any act tending to produce such cruelty, is guilty of a misdemeanor.


Taken this morning - Niagara Cats

This sheds a bit more hope on the issue I am having with the cats on Niagara Street - who live in the fenced in apartment complex there surrounding Niagara, Central Park, and First Streets.  These cats cannot climb the fence for food, so food must be left inside the fence for them.  They have all been spayed and neutered.  I believe all of them.  There is a huge black man who has a girlfriend that lives there that has taken it upon himself to police this matter, and throw the food away after I leave.  My next step is to call The NET office - Neighborhood Empowerment Team - which deals with issues in their section of town - at some point.  Its hard for me to control my emotions - especially knowing that this IS private property, so I know right NOW I am not legally allowed to feed there.  But as I've said a million times before, I will NOT allow an animal to suffer - to go hungry.  I've had to call the NET office before regarding Hayward Avenue and the creep that used to trash my stuff at the house next door to where the landlord guy who turned out to be a creep himself.  The pervert.  That's old stuff. 

A kind woman who reads this blog took it upon herself to reach out to the property manager of the apartments, and the NET Office.  Here is what she had to say:

"I read the blog this morning concerning your issues with the "gentleman" on Niagara St.  I contacted the Northeast Service Center and asked to speak with an investigator.   I got the voice mail of a Lieutenant Fridley (it's a woman).   Left a message, she called me back.  She said if you personally called her directly that she would do whatever she could to help you.  Her direct number is 428-1104.  She's apparently the officer over all the investigators at that service center.   She/they should be able to provide more help for you and she definitely sounded like it was something she'd be willing to do.  She asked me if I knew the address of the property where you were having an issue and I said no - so she's going to need that if you decide to call her.

I took the liberty of calling the property manager at the apartment complex on Niagara and First.  I spoke with the woman (who sounded fairly old) for several minutes.   She said they were absolutely NOT going to permit anyone to feed animals on their property.   this property manager said that last year they had to start trapping because there were skunks and racoons on the property and everyone was complaining.   They did catch a couple of cats but they were released.  They have a pest control company that they use and they were the ones who did the trapping.  She claimed the maintenance person/pest control people told her these animals were on the property because of the cat food being left out.  She said a number of tenants are afraid of cats, dogs, racoons, etc., including the man who approached you (he's claimed that skunks are spraying on his car) - well, not actually him but his wife who works nights and he has to meet her in the parking lot when she gets home as she's "afraid" of the animals roaming around.  I find that a bit of a stretch but that's what they must be telling this property manager and she can't prove otherwise.  She also said that every morning the maintenance person they have makes the rounds on the property and that may be where the plates you put out are going.  She also said you shouldn't even be leaving them outside the fence as that's still attracting other animals.  I didn't argue with her as I wanted to get as much info as possible.  She didn't seem angry about anything, she said she understood why you were doing it, blah, blah, blah, but it couldn't happen on their property."  

So, I am hoping I have some some law on my side.  I must figure out this situation.  Its getting out of control with this man, who I wish would disappear.   That's putting it kindly.

Have a nice day.

"Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you.  Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time.  If you're right and you know it, speak your mind.  Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth."

3 comments:

  1. How did you tnr these cats- were they smaller then and could fit under the fence then? Maybe a compromise of getting them to leave the gate open (is there a gate?) So you can get the cats out and then try to feed them down the street? Just trying to think outside the box (fence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work with the Property Manager in an attempt to trap and relocate those cats where you can feed them safely without that Fat piece of shit interfering. After all,they evidently do not want the Cats there to keep that rat infested property rodent free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneak over and cut a hole in the fence for the cats to go through and leave the food on the other side.....

    ReplyDelete