Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Woof Woof






OK, here is how the rest of yesterday played out.  I wound up going to the location where the puppies were tethered to a house in the hot sun, on pavement, with no reachable water.  I wanted to see if they were still there, since 5:30 that morning, and the previous morning when I first noticed them, and sure enough, they were.  When I pulled up the Puerto Rican family in the house to the right were sitting on their porch, and just gave me a look like they were so glad I was there to help the poor pups.   I immediately went to the dogs, moved their water bowl closer to them, and knocked on Sherelle’s door.  She answered and immediately got angry by my ‘intrusion’, but I was able to speak over her with my insistence that it was either she do something different, or I call animal control.  After she calmed down, I offered that she should let me take them, while it was this hot out, keep them at my house where I could provide them shade and shelter for now.  We also wound up walking around her house to the back and I told her that something could be set up out back for a cable from the tree, to her house, where they could have shade, and a few blades of grass to lay on.  I told her I would take them to the clinic for shots (they were never vetted), she said “I get paid tomorrow” which means she gets her welfare check.  She has five children, was complaining about them, and how how it was, and I thought to myself, how can you handle two puppies Sherelle?  So, we went to get the puppies, and my friend Kristin came all the way out from Churchville to help by bringing two leashes, and some dog food.  We then got them settled in the back yard, and got a large dog crate I had in the garage set up in my living room.  These puppies were thriving, you could tell, immediately!  They had room to play, to be puppies!

After spending a quiet night in the house, and me getting up at 3 am. to let them out, do their thing, and then back in (needless to say, I did not go back to sleep), they went for their walk this morning, had their breakfast, and back in the crate they go after playtime in the back.

God, what am I going to do now….  I react quickly when it comes to helping/saving animals, and I don't think sometimes of the consequences.  I have thought of offering her money, which I think she would take, for these dogs.  When I pulled up to the lot which is a house away from hers this morning, my shelter was completed disassembled.  The wire cord securing it around a tree, was cut, and everything loaded up and piled up by the curb.   I am not sure if the city did this (its on a vacant lot), or if it was her boyfriend, in retaliation, thinking I stole her dogs.  I left a note with my number after moving everything back.  We will see what happens today, if I get a call from anyone, and if my stuff is gone tomorrow.  POS.

I will be trapping tomorrow on Parsells, I have two spots at the clinic – Brenda came out this morning to tell me that mama cat must have moved her litter and she is still looking.  This would be the same litter that Trina came from (see last week’s posts).  She told me there was two litters, the other kittens might be six months old.  I am absolutely sick over this.  I need help trapping there, I wish I had help.

In the meantime, please see my flier below for the fundraiser that some friends are putting together for me.  I hope you will come, I would love to see everyone there, and if you can’t, perhaps you could donate with the link on the blog to your right.  Thanks everyone – wish me luck, and have a great day!




5 comments:

  1. This fundraiser is going to be such a blessing for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You done good Janine - you saved those pups lives. Great job on the poster!! I'll be there and I'll bring a few baskets for the raffle. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, wonder if it was Ms Sherelles de facto. Take care with this one janine, don't want to see you get hurt by these people,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janine. It seems like too much of a coincidence that the shelter hasn't been touched in a year and on the day you get the puppies, everything is moved. Hmmm.... this will require some delicate work. Glad the puppies were quiet last night. They probably slept great! :)
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anybody have any "connections" to get the word out to the media about the fund-raiser?

    ReplyDelete