Thursday, July 3, 2014

Updates

Thursday morning...  I have the day off, Happy 3rd of July everyone, and Happy Birthday to my sister Karen.


A few things from this morning, and then you can read some updates for the past day or two:


1.  I released the two females I trapped yesterday, one is the sweet girl on Second, Sarah, that recently had babies, two that were seen and thought to be stuck in trees there.  The second one is Patty, from Parsells, one of the one's that Brenda there feeds.  Brenda gave me an index card this morning with the rest of what she feeds, and it looks to be at least eight more that need to be spayed/neutered.


2.  the kittens brought to Lollipop yesterday will all make it.  they have room at the inn - fyi - the trap left with Brenda yesterday was inadvertently left open, and a six month old got in.  she was brought to LF also, along with the two baby kittens, and turned out to be a sweetheart, and will be adoptable.


3.  I was notified by a good friend named Val yesterday that she would take the ossie/Bengal cat if I could get it, and sure enough, I DID!!!  I just dropped off this very unusually nice kitty from Parsells area off to her at 6:15 this morning, and we will start to promote that little guy for a new home. Of course, he will go to the vet for vetting, and microchip scanned.


4.  I left a note for the POS on Central to kindly not touch the food I've left, or I will send the police over, as this is city property and he had no right to trash my shelters.


5.  I will wind up returning these sweet puppies to Sherell as I have no legal right, according to an officer at RAC, who made me feel like a criminal when he finally returned my call.  After medication for obvious worms in the boy, with all their shots, and me $92 broker, I will return to her with a warning, and hopefully she will follow up with Matt from PAWS, so that they can help her help the dogs have a better place to live.


WHAT A MORNING!





The man that lives in this house destroyed my shelter on Central







(written on Wednesday afternoon)
I am on vacation today, but wanted to share some updates:

Sherell wound up calling me Wednesday morning (much to my disppointment).  She would not take money for the dogs that I tried to offer her. She said, and I quote, "I got them dogs for my grandbabies".  Now, Sherell is 39 years old, and she has grandchildren.  Just sayin.  She also said I'd better not touch her dogs to get fixed.  She doesn't want them fixed.  She didn't want her cats fixed either.  She is a breedin' machine.  I am pretty angry at this vile and ignorant woman, but I must hold my temper in check.  I told her the male puppy had no you know whats, which means he must have been neutered when he was a very very young puppy.  I will know more today when they go for their wellness check.

I asked her if she knew anything about my shelter a house away from hers, and its destruction, and she said "the Puerto Rican guy next door did it."  And I said "and you didn't do anything to try to stop him?" and she said her daughter told her about it.  Right.  If I could just get this one sweet long haired black female, the sweetest thing around, adopted or fostered, I might just consider moving on and giving up on this spot, but with the dog situation, I also want to be able to keep an eye on this if I do have to return them.  I am not letting her know that the appointment is today, and I will hopefully have the dogs until Saturday, after the crazy firework holiday is over.  Then again, I want to be able to point out the following, something a friend mentioned to me:  

"Yes, it is illegal to keep dogs without a shelter. You need to mention you will be reporting her and that the dogs could be confiscated if not provided with such. Also mention it is illegal to have an unlicensed dog and there is an addition fee tacked onto that if unspayed.. I'll bet they are neither ..
If she still balks, report her to your friend that is an officer.
Keep me updated."
A call was placed to Rochester Animal Services, to a person I have dealt with before, with detail, but I have yet to receive a return call.  So there you have it.  My predicament.  I am tired of all this.  I am sick and tired.
The kittens that were brought into Lollipop this morning I was told should be adoptable, which is wonderful news.  They are beautiful and sweet.  The bad news is all the remaining cats that are running around.  Kittens, unspayed females, unneutered males, there are tons of them.  And I need help.
The two females I trapped this morning will be housed on my porch overnight.  I will need to make more appointments for next week.
If anyone has any other advice,  I would welcome it.  Thanks for listening, have a great day!


"You have to risk going too far to discover just how far you can really go." 

1 comment:

  1. Today's blog has it all Janine, :) mmmm, seems breeding is the profession of some, which is fine for them cos society picks up the tab for it in oh so many ways........

    ReplyDelete