Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Everything Comes In Twos.....

That's all I can do some days.  This was an extremely overwhelming morning, and I just have to stop, and breathe deep.  To run down the current events:  
  1. I trapped two females, both have had litters recently - one from Parsells, one from Second Street.  Both will go to the clinic at 8:30 for spaying.  Cost:  $100.
  2. I had two of my spots trashed, and shelters are gone.  Chamberlain, and Central - Cost:  Priceless.
  3. Brenda on Parsells has two baby kittens in a box, and a trapped six month old black female kitten in a trap, waiting for me to pick up at 10":30 to go to Lollipop. Cost:  My Heart
  4. I have two puppies at my house, and I have no clue as to what I am doing with them.  They are both going to the clinic at 3 pm. for a wellness exam, and their shots.  Cost: $92 (and possible $200 if Sherelle goes for it)

Here are a few more pictures of the puppies I 'rescued' on Monday.  Aren't they adorable.  I still don't know the breed that they are, nor their names - I was never told their names.  I am planning on going to Sherelle's house around noon to ask her to call PAWS (they did call me yesterday but said that she must call so that Matt can pay her a visit), and I am also going to make her an offer I hope she doesn't refuse.  I want to offer her $200 (which Susie Q Dog Rescue offered to help with) for both dogs, and she signs a waiver for them.  I am thinking she might take the money.  If she doesn't, I will have to return them to the wretched conditions they are living in now.  If she insists.  I have no legal right to keep them.  Its a terrible situation, and I don't even want to be involved in it, but these dogs deserve way better.  I left her a note on her door to call me this morning.  I don't know if I hope she does, or doesn't.  And now my shelter on the lot next to her house, that I placed back from the curb yesterday morning which someone had disassembled there - was completely obliterated when I pulled up this morning.  Everything else was gone, smashed.  I found a tote shelter in front of the Puerto Rican home next door to that, alongside its trash bins (today is trash day in the city).  I don't know who did this, but they obviously want me gone.  I feed at least five cats here daily, including a very beautiful, sweet black long haired kitty which I am hoping my friend Kristin's friend will adopt.  I am not sure what I am going to do. 

The dogs are well behaved, they are quiet in their cage at night, their little tails wagging when I come down to greet them at 3 am. to let them out front for a quick relief, and then back in the cage they go with a bit of food, and I try to go back to sleep for another forty minutes.  They are quite rambunctious, and I have a hard time keeping them untangled when they are allowed to go into the back yard on their cables that are strung from fence to fence.  Oh, the joys of childhood.  I just can't imagine how Sherelle can handle the two puppies, her three or four young children, and her stagnant, unclean, hot house.   





Also, here is another kitty I would like to remove from the streets.  Its the beautiful kitty between Stout and Chamberlain on Grand that looks like an ocelot?  She wouldn't hold still for me, so I had to get her in three different pictures! Any takers?  Very sweet.  This is the second location I pulled up to this morning where all my shelters on the porch were gone.  Vanished.  I left a note, placed under a plastic dish of food, to return my things, with my phone number.  This makes me sick.




On a happier note, I have to share these beautiful pictures that Buddy's mama took of her 'Winston'.  I rescued Buddy from the streets nearly two years ago when he was kitten, and he was adopted out around 8 mos. of age (I think?) to a wonderful couple, with Mom being a really good photographer!  Isn't he a beauty!~  Click on the photos to zoom in!


Winston (Buddy)

Winston and Magic Bird Watching

Winston Watching Birds

Winston on his leash outdoors!

Winston Watches Squirrels!
I will keep on going on, I just wish I had more help, especially in spreading the word to people that live there, people that own these vacant houses, city workers, that what I am doing is a good thing, and it needs to be done, and they shouldn't harm the animals the way they are doing by removing these cats only 'homes.' Its downright mean, and I consider it abuse to an animal, by taking its only shelter.  Please say a prayer for them, and remember, my August 2nd fundraiser that I so desperately hope is a success.  Its all for these animals.

Thanks, and have a great day.

"We can not choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them." 

4 comments:

  1. So true J having my own turmoil at the hands of human to human, very far away but still it ensnares me, I try to choose the sensible way to react but it is not easy is it. Those pups would be in need of a fast placement with people who will give them confidence and trus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had computer problems, lost all email address I had. Please email me (Deb B.) concerning helping you and Suzy Q with these poor pups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies dady probley brokeded your shelters because u took his fighting dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make up a flyer telling folks what and why you do what you do? Put it in a plastic baggie and tape it to the shelters and also maybe leave some at the houses.

    ReplyDelete