Monday, June 30, 2014

Its a Beautiful Day!

Another Update - went there myself, puppies on hot pavement in sun with short leashes.  Water not reachable.  Not sure what to do.

QUICK UPDATE:  Is anyone around the city today, who would be able to go to 5th and Central, on the right side of the house (its on the corner), to see if the puppies are on this hot pavement, still?)

Despite the sad stuff I see out there day after day after day, I remain somewhat happy, lighthearted and optimistic. 

GEORGE!
To recap, on Friday, between me and Laura, we got two females, one was pregnant, the other lactating, and a male.  Pretty good!  All three for $150.  Terrible.  I am still bewildered as to how the city of Rochester isn't paying ME to do this.  I am helping THEIR problem.  Whats up with that?  I can count nearly twenty right now that need to still be done, the baby makers.  I had a phone call on Saturday, during a niece's high school grad party, a time of day (daytime and nighttime) that I like to forget the world's problems, after dealing with them for one hour every single day, by going out into the hood and seeing the misery, seeing the flies all over the food I leave, dropping their eggs into it producing maggots, seeing cats limping from glass in their feet, seeing babies running around, seeing lactating mothers...  the list goes on and on.  Anyway, back to my story.  I got a call from Brenda, on Parsells, who called me about Trina last Monday, the baby kitten she found in the grass that was half dead, but is doing well now thanks to a couple of special people, and Brenda said she had five more.  We made the plan that she would give them to me Monday morning, and I made the decision after checking around, that they would be going to Lollipop.  She was not out there at 5 am. when I pulled up to feed across the street, but I am sure she will call me today.  Brenda cannot have them, - she is not a responsible adult with these cats.  She feeds them, but allows them to keep reproducing.  I can't tke them either.  We also made a deal that she needs to help me with trapping at her house because we can't have this go on any longer.  Too many cats there on Parsells.  If there is anyone out there that would be willing to lend a hand, and a dollar, and make an appointment and help me, I would be ever so grateful.  I can't do it alone.  Rescue groups are inundated with kittens.  Lollipop - Last resort.

My own guys, Rufus and Daisy!

My Smokey Boke!  aka FANG

There is also another situation on 5th and Central with two puppies, who've been tethered to poles outside a house, with no room to move, and the water dish too far away from them.  They've been out there for days, and today its supposed to reach 90 degrees.  I will either call PAWS, or animal control services, to see if they can help.  I moved toward them but they got up and started to bark, and I didn't want to take the chance of having the occupants of the house see me.  I can't lose this spot that I feed at, and they would surely retaliate if they know I called someone.  I had offered to help them in the past with help bringing these puppies to a clinic for their shots, but never heard back from them.  This is the same place that I've rescued over a half dozen cats already since the fall of last year.

Sorry this can't be more pleasant, but this is my reality, day after day.  There is so much to be done out there.  We need to work together to get these animals spayed and neutered, so that we can end this sadness and suffering.  I hope you will consider it!

I also hope you can spread the word and get the kitties I have waiting to be adopted their forever homes - we have Domino, Fraser, Brady and George!  Spread the word, and have a GREAT day!


"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again."  




3 comments:

  1. Busy weekend for both you girls Janine and Laura, a monumental project you have on your hands, always putting the word hour for you for help, and I agree, the city should carry at least some of your expense, both of you have households to run and live as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone up to writing a letter to our new mayor re her statement about cleaning up the city with her own money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad about taking them to Lollypop. They gave away over 200 cats last week end - even posted a picture of the empty cat room.

    ReplyDelete