Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Rant

I've worked almost nearly 14 days in a row - straight - and I am tired.  Those days were at least 10 hours long.  Thats too long to be at work!  I am ready for a weekend, even though they are usually jam packed for me, with grocery shopping, cleaning, running around here and there, relative birthday parties (yes, we celebrate a ton of them in our family!) - I nearly cried to myself this morning on my way back from a grueling hour and half feeding these animals -  thinking how I just wish I had more time to myself, to do more things FOR myself.  I want to travel, I want to sit and read - novels, autobiographies (just got one on Mick Jagger), old schoolbooks, coffee table books, newspapers, cooking magazines - I just want the luxury to do nothing!

OK, there, thats out of my system.  I can only hope and pray that things get easier, for me and for the cats.

I took some pictures to show you some of the shelters I've built, and how they look under the snow.  Some are hard to tell, but I think with the surrounding snow insulating them, they are warmer than nothing.  I do see some kitties come scurrying out when I approach them, and the others coming running to me.  I still need to find homes for Mr. Whiskers, Boots and Bugsy, Talkie, Grady, and a few others yet unnamed.  The others are not quite yet as socialized - yet.

First is a picture of Miss Daisy Duke.  Cute as can be.  She was combo tested yesterday for leukemia/FIV, and turned out negative.  She is between 6-8 months old, and a very loveable cat.  I turned her loose with the rest of the gang, including the dog Thunder, and there was NOTHING - no hissing, fighting.  She was very lonely by herself.  My cats are very forgiving.  :)

(SORRY FOLKS, SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE BLOG SITE - NOT ALLOWING ME TO DOWNLOAD THE VERY REAL PICTURES I TOOK THIS MORNING.  SO, YOU GET THIS BORING END OF THE WEEK POST FOR TODAY, BUT BE SURE TO READ BACK A WAYS TO CATCH UP ON SOME YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED.  AND CHECK BACK LATER FOR PICTURES!) 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!  :)



3 comments:

  1. Just to know that you got thru the morning feeding is all we need Janine, these cats call out for help to all of us, but every day, you are the one that answere's them. May God belss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your load got somehow lighter Janine. You do carry a heavy burden esp. when your work is so demanding. You NEED spare time - everyone does. Just know we love you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well with you Janine. Missed your blog postings today - 1/7/13. I always enjoy reading them. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete