Friday, January 25, 2013

Its Friday, YAY!

I don't know why I still get excited about Fridays.  Its not like I can sleep in tomorrow morning, Saturday.  I still have to get up at 4 to be out the door at 5 to feed the hungry and cold cats that are waiting for me.  And boy do they wait.  I took lots of pictures this morning, can't wait to share them with you.  My friend Jessica will hopefully be able to post them for me so that I can share them with you.

In the meantime, back on the range, my own kitties are very grateful to have a roof over their heads. When the door opens, they don’t try to bolt onto the porch like they do in warmer weather. This first picture is Earl, the kitty I rescued from Parsells (by the way, this street used to scare the bejesus out of me – there have been some violent crimes there that I always read about in the paper, or saw on the news, and I didn’t even like to drive down it – and look at me now, I stop at two houses there, and have made friends with two homeowners there!) is doing good, minus the vicious attacks he is getting from Scooter. They have had many a fur flying incidents recently, and I just don’t know what to do about it. I’ve been locking Scooter up because he seems to be the instigator. He always has to pick on someone, he did this with Boris when he was alive. Another grey. Hmmm… something about those greys… I need to get Earl adopted. He is my little shy boy that needs a home with fewer cats and feel safe to sit on a lap.


The next picture is of Daisy “Mae”. I brought her into Petco last Saturday, a few days after her spay surgery, to show her and hopefully to get adopted, but no luck. Thanks to Julie from Another Chance Pet Rescuefor allowing me a cage there for a few hours. They get great traffic there, but poor little Daisy was in competition with a couple of other black and whites. I even included a heart pillow in her cage that said ‘Be Mine’, but no such luck. She is a sweet little girl, I figure about 8 mos. old. A real cuddler, sleeps on my bed each night.



My dog Thunder is now close to being incontinent. You remember he was diagnosed early last year with bladder cancer. He now has to wear his ‘big boy pants’, which is large adult diapers with a hole cut out in back for his tail, and a cloth wrap with a pad inserted over those. Poor baby. When do you know? When it it the right time? He still plays like a kid – after all he is only 9. But how long can this go on? My poor Thunder.

Check back to see if pictures are posted. Otherwise, enjoy your weekend!

“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it.
I want to have lived the width of it as well.”




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos Janine, it is always nice to see how they are doing, I know many of your supporters help in achieving the fantastic results you get from this huge mission you undertake, every day. May God bless you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hard one that all pet owners face - Janine - when do you let go. Alot of pets let you know and it doesn't sound like Thunder has told you yet. Hang in there...I know what that's like when they're incontinent. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good info on this site..www.bladderdiscomfort.net/canine_bladder_cancer

    My dog went through the same thing years ago. It was very evident that his time had come when in a very short time he started losing weight, had difficulty walking and was no longer interested in any interaction with me or the other dogs. Thunder still has the zest for life...savor this time.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janine- I'm Kristin's sister and asked her to get you my email. What you do is amazing and I look forward to reading what you are doing on a regular basis! Kim Berkhoudt

    ReplyDelete