Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Picture Time!

Thanks to my sweet Jessica who was able to help me download pictures to this crappy Blogger thing, which by the way, is STILL not working.   You would think that such a huge site such as this, their engineers would be able to figure the problem out by now.  Below is a picture of Daisy, who is doing well in my house.  She is a little lover girl.  She loves to be held and cuddled.  She has the roundest eyes I've ever seen, and the cutest little button nose.  She is grooming more and more and soon her white will be a brilliant white in comparison to when I rescued her last week , when she was a very dirty girl.  She looks to be between 7-10 months old.  Her spay appointment is next Wednesday - she has already tested negative for both FIV and Leukemia.  She is ready for a home!  Please spread the word!


DAISY
 My Third Street shelter looks like a mess, and I am not 100% sure that Grady and Bully use the totes and straw placed behind the board on this porch, but they are there if they want to.  I have noticed that something is burrowing into the straw behind the lean-to board here, so thats a good sign!  Grady and Bully continuing to run to me when I pull up at this stop.  I worry about this house being demolished.  This is their only home.
Third Street

I pulled up yesterday morning in front of this house and as usual, Mr. Whiskers and another black cat came running up to me, as usual, for their breakfast.  I pulled up this morning, and this house was GONE.  Demolished.  There one day, gone the next.  Amazing.  I pray that the house I feed them at next door to this is not demolished any time soon.  This house that is gone is where I rescued Hercules for the first time.  Or where my friend Lt. Officer Laura and her firemen friends rescued him.  I wish I knew someone in the city that could check the addresses of some of my spots and tell me if they are due for demolition.  Anyone know of anyone?
Sixth Street
Mr. Whiskers:  He is SO ready to find a home.  Such a good boy.  And so needy.  He walks with me from the time he hears my car door open, til we get to his little cubby I have built up for him.  Please spread the word about Mr. Whiskers!  It would be wonderful if Hercules' (Cee lo) new Mom could take him, they use to be roomies!  :)
Mr. Whiskers (6th St)
Again, this is the little shelter I have built up for Mr. Whiskers.  There are three totes here, with a board over two, and another board covering the opening.  There is another tote as you can see in the front.  Cozy, and I pray these are being used.  They must have been very upset yesterday when they heard the noise of the house coming down next door!
Sixth St. Shelter (Mr. Whiskers)

Same location, different kitty.  I see this kitty almost every morning, very hungry, waiting for me to leave so it can eat.  You can see how deep the snow is for them.

Sixth St. Kitty


















This is the Central Ave. shelter I have on the porch.  Its a very rickety little shelter in comparison to the one in the back of the house.  I know that this house will soon be rented out this year.  This is where I once called Animal Control to check on a dog that a man who lived here last year used to keep outside with no shelter food or water on many occasions.  It was one of those little white fluffy dogs. My friend Mary and I contemplated taking the dog, but after the call, and a visit by the officers, we never saw the dog again.
Central Avenue
 This is behind the house, where I have a plastic dog house and a nice wooden shelter next to each other.   I know a few kitties use this as their house and feeding station.  
Central Ave 2nd Shelter
Another shot of the same shelter on Central.  The snow protects the boards and insulates the inside.

Central Ave. Shelter
A better view of the whole shelter. 
Central Ave. Shelter

This is where Talkie, neck wound kitty, and another hang.  This is where the mean man keeps coming by and trashing their shelters.  I know that the pink blanket might not be attractive, but the neighbor's don't care.  This jerk who owns this dilapidated house lives elsewhere.
Garson Street

This is the Hayward Avenue location.  Here we have Bugsy and Boots who are waiting for me every morning.  Behind them is a new frail looking kitty that is there each day now.  There is a wooden hut here, and a very large board leaning against this occupied house.  I spoke to the landlord/owner years ago and he has never bothered the shelters since.  I wish they could all be like him.  
Hayward Avenue (Bugsy & Boots)

Where the basement window is I used to have a shelter, but someone trashed it.  I now have it placed in the back of this boarded up house.  You can see the tracks of the kitties that use the basement as protection,. when not in the shelter in back.
Pennsylvania Avenue
This is the shelter in back, where I have an old clothes dresser with a board covering the open space where the drawers used to be.  I then put straw down.  I then put a plastic tablecloth over it with bricks to hold that down.  I then placed a plastic tote in front of the opening and placed a board over that.  And voila, a shelter!
Pennsylvania Avenue Shelter
Picture below is of the Stout Street shelter.  Its quite disgusting looking, but its home for these two black kitties.  This is where Morris (Jack) came from (Nancy).

Stout Street
 This is where some young kittens, their mama and a few other kitties come to sleep and feed in.  It has a wooden hut, and a plastic tote across from it, with a board covering it, and a board to cover the front.  Its home sweet home to these kitties for now.
Seventh Street Shelter


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pics Janine, few of us actually have been out to see where these kittys live, you have done a great job with what you have and your supporters are very kind to these homeless cats, but I can see the need for more help to keep them warm and out of harms way, it really is "struggle town" for those cats. God bless for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing all those photos of where these cats have to live is sobering and very sad. If you have photos for tomorrow why don't you email them to me and I'll get them uploaded to a new draft post today so you don't have to worry about it. And if you think of it and get a chance, I'd love a better pic of Bugsy for the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete