Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Purpose of Life is a Life of Purpose

It was a very mild morning out there. Still very wet, but the temperature is 60 outside, so a little more bearable for any creature without a home.

I didn’t mention that the house on Central and Third, the one that I had that surprise by Sonny, and Ray that morning – the two indigents holding up in the vacant house there, had been boarded up again. I noticed a cat in the upstairs window, so I frantically looked around for an opening somewhere so that the cat could escape. What is wrong with the city workers that they wouldn’t go inside and make sure there is NO LIVING being inside these places before they go and board them up. So, I noticed that the bottom of the board covering the door was loose, so I pulled that as wide as I could and placed a soda can there to prop it open. That solved that. In the meantime, none of my two shelters there were moved, so that’s a good thing!

I forgot my camera this morning, I could have kicked myself. The two little ones on Second Street came up to me like clockwork when I pulled up. I feel the most loved at that spot, because Angel rolls down on the ground waiting for his pat, and at least five others come running to me.

Good news!  Blogger has fixed their glitch!  Here are pics of Seventh Street, and the new sweetie that comes to greet me each morning from this little shelter built up on the back of this lot. 



As I headed to the spot where the kittens are on Baldwin, I noticed a van sitting there that is normally where I park to get out and feed the kittens. I then realized that it was Laura! That Laura is a God-send. There she was with her own invention drop trap  http://droptrapdesign.blogspot.com/  (I still wonder how many times she had to pull on that string to get it JUST right) set up for the kittens. I rolled down my window, expressed my gratitude, and she mentioned that she had seen three kittens and a mom. I have only seen one or two for many days now, so I was glad to hear this. I thought for sure the freezing temps last week had taken their toll on these sweet little things. I am anxiously waiting for word from Laura on how it went.

All in all, a good morning!

2 comments:

  1. Laura rocks!! Please let us know if she gets the kittens and mama. :) BTW, I emailed you again today twice - I don't know if you got them. I will call you tonight! :)
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed you yesterday as well, Janine - re: possible shelter & wood on Dalkeith. Were you or Kings able to check it out?

    ReplyDelete