Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesdays Tails

Yesterday was a washout.  It started at the dentist and wound up with a whole lotta work to get done - at work.


I am pretty upset at Blogger – I can’t download pics. Apparently it is a ‘known issue’, and apparently Blogger is “working on it”. Here is what they say.


Best answers

Katney - Blogger Top Contributor Post reply
Jan 3

This is happening on IE-9 today. You can upload from the html mode. Once the pictures are uploaded, switch to Compose and you will see the pictures and the menu will be the same if you click the picture to size and position it.

The problem is not happening with Chrome or Firefox, so using one of those browsers will resolve the issue as well.

Please be patient. The problem has been reported to the engineers, but recognize that it is near the weekend of a holiday week and you should not expect an immediate resolution. Please use one of the workarounds until it is fixed. We hope that it will be addressed quickly.

I am upset because I cannot share some great pictures of my shelters covered in snow, some update pictures of recent rescues, like Hercules, Daisy, Earl and Butters (Thurston). So, I will continue to try to figure it out, or wait for Blogger to figure it out. Hopefully they won’t damage too much more!

It all began at 5:10 this morning. I start off by getting myself together at 4:15, and by 4:50, I am sitting having a nice cuppa coffee and watching the national news. At 5 am. I am packing my bag with hot water in large containers, and heading out the door. My first stop on Parsells a pretty torty awaits me. I have two little shelters made out of plastic totes on that open porch. This is where Crazy Lisa was taking my shelters and moving them across the street because she didn’t want the cats to get hit. She put them under people’s bushes. She placed the bowls on the grass. Lot of good that would have done them once the snows and winds came. She has stopped doing this thanks to Brenda, a woman a few houses down that I did a favor for in the summer, had one of her outdoor cats neutered, and brought her a bale of straw for the winter to keep them warm, as she can’t bring them indoors because her boyfriend won’t ‘let her’.

The next stop is where Earl was rescued from, and where big Sylvester looking kitty, and a few others run to me. This is where John, the man on Parsells allows me to shelter behind his house in the back of his lot. I brought him a Christmas card with a Wegman’s gift certificate before Christmas thanking him for his kindness. I then head to Stout where the hissy black kitty is, and a very sweet other black kitty hangs, and feed them. This is where Jack was rescued, Jack with FIV that my friend Nancy adopted.

Directly from there, I go to feed where Big Red (Sandy) was rescued, where Talkie, Neck Wound kitty, and another still reside. Here we go again, with the owner of the dilapidated boarded up house comes to check on it every few months, and decided Saturday morning to trash the shelters to the curb. What is it with this guy? It only takes an ounce of compassion to know this meager shelter is harboring three cats that are HOMELESS. That are only trying to survive the weather on a day to day basis, let alone eating to stay alive. When I gathered up the stuff trashed by the curb, and placed what I could back to the way it was, I poured water in a bowl, and Talkie lapped it up like she had stumbled upon an oasis. This man must be cold and heartless. Even if you don’t care for cats, can’t you see that these animals depend on whatever a kind person can do for them. I hate this person, and hope to someday make his acquaintance to I can try to reasonably discuss the situation. Whatever good it will do.

Then its onto Hayward where Boots and Bugsy run to my car. I glance up here to see the HUGE icycles that hang from the rafters. One of these could pierce right through my body if it decided to drop while I was bending down to pour the food and water. So far, so good. Then onto Baldwin to place bowls down for the kittens I discovered, that I haven’t seen since. I know they are there, I have seen their baby footprints in the snow around the bowls on the sidewalk. I must make a plan to trap them. There are SO many new cats around that are unneutered.

Then its on to the second half of my feedings as I head to Webster and Ferndale.

And now its time to say goodbye for the day, and continue the second half of my run tomorrow! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see your post today Janine; I worried about you yesterday. You have to stop for a glass of wine sometime soon and to see my critters. Miss you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I worried for you and the kittys yesterday Janine, but I am smiling now. Everyday, I watch Sandy and Monkey girl sunning themselves without a care in the world, I think of where they were till you fought to find forever love, and shelter for them. If the persons that try to empower themselves over a helpless cat, would only see how pathetic they make themselves look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me the photos, Janine, and I'll upload them for you! I use the Firefox browser. :)

    ReplyDelete