Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Monday!

Oh what a weekend!  We had some amazingly warm weather, and boy does it look ugly out!  Most of the snow has melted but what is left is small dirty looking mounds of it.  Lots of mud!  Its not fun walking the dog in this stuff because as much as you try to have him steer clear of it, and you wind up practically giving him a full bath when you arrive back home.  I whip out the wipies, the towels, etc.  I HATE MUD AND DIRT!  Would rather have snow on the ground, bite my tongue!

Each morning I've had to change towels.  I place towels down for the kitties little paws so that they can stand on something comfortable while they eat, and when the snow melts, the towels get wet.  So I scoop up the wet ones in the morning and replace with dry ones.  This is why my dryer is on the fritz.  It now takes two hours to dry a load of laundry.  I am shopping for a new more economical one as we speak.

Regarding the baby kittens on Baldwin, I know that someday soon I need to trap the mama, who comes out when I get back in the car after placing down food and water under a wooden bench that wraps around a tree in the vacant lot there.   My heart broke Saturday morning though, as I went to place food down for the kittens that I've rarely seen, and I must have startled one that was under this bench, and when it began to run away, as it is a feral kitten at this point, it had a plastic bag wrapped around its tiny body.   All I could see was a bag flying frantically through the vacant lot on the corner trying to get away.  This morning I did see two of the baby kittens, but no bag.  I am just not sure how many kittens there are, but the one with the bag either freed itself, or was not there. 

Another sick kitty out there is on Garson. His name is Neck Wound Kitty (I know, not a very pleasant name, but the only one that stuck with me due to his constant injury on his neck that never quite properly healed over the past couple of years that I've been feeding him).  He has a severe upper respiratory - I can hear his breathing, and constant sneezing.  But he is eating - he waits for me each morning with Talkie and another kitty.  This morning Bugsy was at this spot, which his normal spot is just around the corner on Hayward.  I thought - 'OK Guys, four of you are too many here', so I scooped up Bugsy in my arm, got in the car and drove him around the corner to where Boots was waiting for him.  Bugsy was not at his normal spot yesterday, so I knew something might be up.  And it was!  He had been travelling around the hood!

As I was feeding the two black cats on Stout this morning, the one that is not very friendly, but also not very shy, took a good swipe at me and drew blood.  Normally, I have no fear of any of 30+  cats I feed (that I see! - I know there are more that come out when I leave), but this one has done this twice now to me.  I can't tell whether they are teeth puncture marks, or his claws, but it hurt pretty bad when he did it.  I will have to be more careful with him in the future - I will have to scare him off a bit while I lay food down for his hungry soul.  BRAT.  The other black cat is sweet as can be, and now more afraid of the other one after this morning too.

I can't wait for my picture thingy to work again!   Dear Blog, get on it!  With all the computer geniuses you have working for you, you would think this would have been fixed a long time ago!  Phew!

3 comments:

  1. Don't get cat scratch fever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a morning, so much to do, so little time and resources, many prayers for tiny kitten, let me knoe J if you can think of a way we do something. Maree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Rochester Appliance out in Henrietta - they sell reconditioned appliances and give a 1 guarantee

    ReplyDelete