Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hope Springs Eternal

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

It means that no matter the circumstances, man will always hope for the best - thinks that better things will come down the road. We may not always act our best, but we have the potential to be better in the future. No matter how bad things have been, they can always get better.

Thank you to those that sent their condolences to me on Boris' passing.  I still feel his loss, even though I have others.   Thats the funny thing about cats, they all have their own personalities, their own quirks.   Before I go on any further, I have to tell you, I RESCUED ANOTHER KITTY THIS MORNING!  Meet Daisy!




I swear I am not choking her, I just had to get a face shot, and she was being camera shy! :)  I spotted Daisy a couple of days ago, after I stopped to place food down for the kittens that I haven't seen since.  I was driving to my next spot, and she was on the sidewalk on Baldwin.  I got out, she ran up to me and I could tell she was starving. 
I placed food and water down for her and left her as she gobbled it up. I told my self I would keep an eye out for her. She was not around the next morning, but there she was this morning. I just scooped her up and she came with me, willingly, to my next four stops. What a good girl. She is dirty, and very thin, and very pretty. She is not your typical black and white spotted cat, she is whispy, very pretty, like a flower! I will get her all cleaned up and ready for adoption! Any takers?

There is no other news I can tell you today besides the cats out there are freezing. I can only give them so much comfort. They need homes. Help.

Here are a few pictures of my own crew - Vanessa, and then Scooter and Thunder, best friends.  Lastly, a picture of Monkey Girl, who was adopted by Maree and Joe, as a companion to Big Red (Sandy).  She has turned out so beautiful, after her first year on the streets.




Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. Welcome Daisy - the first (of many) rescues for this new year!! She is pretty and very delicate - I'm glad she's off the streets. Wish the rest of them were as well. Good job Janine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Janine, Daisy is on the right street this time ! she will have peace of mind and no longer live like something hunted. I wish this for all of them too, but there is only one Janine for them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such wonderful work! And you pay for all that gas on your own.

    Get a facebook page up so we can spread the word better!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete