Thursday, October 4, 2012

TNR Thursday

I had an opportunity to TNR this morning (trap, neuter and return) with two slots at Lollipop, with Laura doing transportation.  I HATE TNR'g, but it must be done.  I didn't have any luck.  I don't consider myself a bad trapper, in fact, I've done many on my own.  It seems though, since Laura has been helping me, I've not been AS successful as I would like to.  When I am given two slots, and don't even get one, I feel like such a failure.  I should have done a bit of inventory of my traps last evening, but after a full day at work, and then a hair appointment (hospital gala this Saturday that I am WORKING at the entire day and night), and then home for a quick bite by 8 pm. and then to bed, I was just too exhausted to go out into the garage and get organized.  I figured morning was good enough, and it wouldn't have changed the outcome anyways.  Out of three Have A Heart traps, only one was working, and barely.  The other two I have placed in the garbage bin.  I remember watching an animated Christmas show where broken toys would go to the elves for fixing and regifting.  I wish they had something like that for broken traps, as they are so expensive.  Laura was kind enough to offer to fix what broken on the only decent one I have.  If anyone has a spare trap to donate that I can use for the next TNR day, I would be so appreciative.

Anyways, after placing my first broken trap on Parsells, after several return trips back there, no one was biting the bait.  I feed a few regulars there, and this one unneutered male that shows up daily when I get there wasn't falling for it either.  I decided I would grab him by the scruff and try to place him in the trap, but no go.  He was a fighter.  I let him go and drove away feeling like a failure, and threw that trap right into the garbage.

Laura came along after I had set up my semi-good trap on Central and had better luck by getting one kitty, and I am hoping she got one more, to fill the two slot deal.  Thanks Laura, for helping me.  I couldn't make a difference without you.

I did get one good piece of news, I think.  Crazy Marilee was out and about at 5:30 this morning checking on the kitties on Ferndale and Webster.  She must live just down the street on Webster somewhere.  She was dressed crazy.  I mentioned Orangie, and how I was worried about him, and she said she had him.  I was relieved.  I think. 

Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. What's worse Janine....Orangie being dead or with Marilee?? Isn't she the crazy who was abusing kitties and was told NOT to have any more? I fear for Orangie....I was so thankful when that little black kittie was rescued from her home....now Orangie?? Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was Crazy Lisa. I am trusting that Marilee is a bit more sane.

      Delete
  2. I still feel you did good work today J. Knowing Laura, I bet she got two ! my kittys were also extra wary the day Laura trapped for me, got about 7 for me and 19 in total. I think I must have given off "neuter" vibes to them. Oh I do hope there is a sighting of Orangie by you, then I will feel better. No b/w injured kitty yet ? praying for their safety. M

    ReplyDelete